Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    :mob:I'm really annoyed at how my school is wasting the budget on retards and not enough on the people that really deserve it. For example 75% of the school year, failed their maths exam and the school just wastes all the money on them just for them to pass? The other 20% have passed but just about, and the last 5% have got their grades already.

We wanted some extra help so we could get a decent grade on our maths exam but we can't have any, because the school has wasted all of its money on the higher priority students. The thing is, these chavs don't give a **** about whether or not they pass and its really pissing me off? Why can't we have that help because we actually want to learn

The school isn#t bothering with us because we have all already passed and so the school can put on the official report that the majority have 'passed' just so their reputation isn't tarnished. Should I file a complaint?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly that's how it works - but kick up a fuss. It isn't fair. But then again - they are probably in the kind of catagories that bring in the extra money to pay for the extra tuition/help etc.

ReputationRep:
    That's the way it works. The people who need the push are given the push. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do - I feel like that at times too - but the truth is that getting lots of people from say, a D to a C, is more important than getting a few from a C to a B. If you want to learn, there is nothing stopping you, school - while the compulsory resource - is not your only resource. If you really care that much, don't wait for your school to turn around and help you as the truth is that you and the others who passed are the ones who are more likely to work without being spoon-fed by their teachers. The ones who failed in all likelihood will not, and so the school needs to spend time and money forcing them to do the work and supporting them.

ReputationRep:
    Blame Labour for their pathetic, "everyone just needs a C!" It has ruined education in this country.

Michael Govey had lovely plans, but they've gone to the gutter due to the PC brigade.

Goodbye, Great Britain.

ReputationRep:
    I have only one solution that you should've gone for if you had even the slightest opportunity to do so: private or a good grammar/comprehensive.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like there is a serious issue in your school if the majority of pupils can't pass maths, but don't let it stop you from getting a good grade. I went to a state school where the maths teacher frequently got side-tracked dealing with problem students and the ones who wanted to work didn't get much help. It's just the way it is unfortunately, but the way around it is to attend your classes as you normally would, but do some extra work at home; buy revision guides, practice exam questions etc. Don't expect your teachers to do absolutely everything for you because when you get to college and university you'll be thankful you weren't spoonfed and will adjust more easily to the independence.

The ones who couldn't be bothered to learn at school will soon regret it when they can't get decent jobs where the minimum requirement is a grade C in maths and English anyway, so instead of thinking about the people who mess about think about yourself and where you want to be. When you leave school you won't see those people again if you don't want to, so work hard and it will pay off.

ReputationRep:
    Was calling people 'retards' really necessary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul M)
    I agree. I think there are a few more unnecessary words in there too, but that's the biggest one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul M)
    It was a angry rant post. Sorry if it offended anyone

ReputationRep:
    This is how most state comprehensives work, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I actually wasn't aware that this sort of thing happened in other schools. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Nice you think all retards are chavs and all chavs are retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me but I have to disagree. The assumption here is your at GCSE correct? Yeah I'm one of those D Borderline maths student about a year ago, what your saying is give EVEN more support to those doing better. At least at my school I get treated like dog-*******s because I got B's and C's at gcses, my school never push me; only the A grade students (this is even at alevel you know) foundation students are not all chavs you know, some of us worked from the bottom and to the top, although a minority arguably, I blame state schools for pushing students to get Passes, they should push students beyond passes and I find the whole GCSE spectrum schools follow completely retarded. But at alevel this will change, surely if you do independent study you will do well at your gcses, your school seems like a bit of special case but please don't generalise Borderline students as 'retards' or 'chavs' because not all of us are, I got a C in English now doing Alevels perfectly well compared to A grade students; I needed that C to get into college.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.