Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to get rid of spots fast? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 17, im a guy and have tons of spots, I get annoyed as Ive pretty much tried everything, I exercise drink tons of water and dont eat sweets,chocolate etc. I use anti-spot fash wash, I really want my spots gone as fast as possible, what can I do/use/daily routine to get rid of them? Please helppp

ReputationRep:
    What's your current daily routine for your face? And how many times a week do you do it?

How's your diet? Do you eat a lot of simple carbs? (i.e. breads, pastas and rice)

Do you do strength training?

Could it be genetics?

Are you stressed?

How's your sleep?

ReputationRep:
    I normally use just hot water on my face at night and then just leave it or use a face wash put rapeseed oil on my face.

I eat a lot of carbs, bread etc. and 3 pieces of fruit and veg a day

I sleep about 7/8 hours a night

I dont think im that stressed

Not genetics

ReputationRep:
    Water fast. Very quick way to clear up your skin and reduce the amount of spots you will get after the fast.

ReputationRep:
    Im im the same situation and sadly there is no quick way of them just going away. I suggest you go to your doctor and ask for some antibiotics. That's what I did and I think its working quite well for me good luck.

ReputationRep:
    If it's bad enough, roaccutane. It seems to be the only treatment that gives results, I tried everything. People will suggest the most ridiculous things, and 99% of these things do not work. Consider it carefully and talk to your GP to see if you're suitable. I highly, highly recommend it though.

Don't even consider antibiotics though, your acne will come back as soon as you stop and you'll be in trouble if you need them for an infection as the resistance you build to them takes a rather long time to go away.

ReputationRep:
    I heard you should never apply hot water to your face when having a wash as that helps the spots to grow. You should always attempt to use cold water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daredevil12)
    I am 17, im a guy and have tons of spots, I get annoyed as Ive pretty much tried everything, I exercise drink tons of water and dont eat sweets,chocolate etc. I use anti-spot fash wash, I really want my spots gone as fast as possible, what can I do/use/daily routine to get rid of them? Please helppp
    Hey mate im in the same position, but after 1.5 (?!) years of yucky acne and a couple of squeezies of spot creams later, i finally went to my local doctors and they happily prescribed me some Zineryt, which is like some rub on liquid with i use twice a day, prescription for 2 months.

After around 2? weeks, i started to notice the redness go down, hopefully come finish prescription, it will be mostly gone! Theres other higher 'stronger' treatment they can give you too as well.

ReputationRep:
    I am in love with lush cosmetics- I bought my 13 year old sister :

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/100/C...resh-Face-Mask

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/144/Enzymion-Moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about quick, but lately I've been getting loads of spots/ acne scars (from acne I didn't even realise I had...), and tomorrow I'm going to the doctor, and hopefully he will give me a cream/ refer me to someone who can give me a cream. I've heard there's one you can get which gets rid of the spots/scars AND helps them not come back!

If I can get it tomorrow I'll update the results when they start to work haha.

ReputationRep:
    There's a few little things you can try before resorting to a doctor.

Cut down on the amount of cow-milk you drink. Cows that get milked are pregnant for most of their life. The hormones associated with pregnancy stimulate testosterone production. Testosterone in turn stimulates sebaceous glands which are responsible for your oily skin.

Wash less often. I know it sounds counter productive but constant face-washes and treatments kill a lot of your natural microbiome. Often the invasive bacteria that colonise your pores and cause spots can colonise much quicker since you've killed their competition.

Finally, try sleeping with a towel on your pillow, just change the towel each night. You'll have less grease and much coming back into contact with your face when you lie down to sleep :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    What's your current daily routine for your face? And how many times a week do you do it?

How's your diet? Do you eat a lot of simple carbs? (i.e. breads, pastas and rice)

Do you do strength training?

Could it be genetics?

Are you stressed?

How's your sleep?
    I wash my face with warm water in the monrings, afternoons and evenings before I go to bed. At night I also use Sudocream (If I have spots) or if it's big, use a bit of Colgate toothpaste to absorb/draw out the moisture. I also use Nivea Rehydrating for Men cream, it really helps to keep it plump and nice.

I eat a LOT of fruit and vegetables a day.

Nope, don't do strength training, just Football, Fencing and Badminton on a weekly basis.

Fairly stressed at times

Usually sleep around 6/7 hours a night (Wake up at 5.30am)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sitrix)
    I wash my face with warm water in the monrings, afternoons and evenings before I go to bed. At night I also use Sudocream (If I have spots) or if it's big, use a bit of Colgate toothpaste to absorb/draw out the moisture. I also use Nivea Rehydrating for Men cream, it really helps to keep it plump and nice.

I eat a LOT of fruit and vegetables a day.

Nope, don't do strength training, just Football, Fencing and Badminton on a weekly basis.

Fairly stressed at times

Usually sleep around 6/7 hours a night (Wake up at 5.30am)

A lot of fruits doesn't sound too good. Fruit tends to have quite a lot of sugar so cut this down a little but don't eliminate it from your diet.

It's strange. Everything sounds pretty okay. I mean, unless I'm missing something big, the only cause I can think of is genetics. Did your family have the same problem?

Also, have you tried tea tree oil for the spots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    A lot of fruits doesn't sound too good. Fruit tends to have quite a lot of sugar so cut this down a little but don't eliminate it from your diet.

It's strange. Everything sounds pretty okay. I mean, unless I'm missing something big, the only cause I can think of is genetics. Did your family have the same problem?

Also, have you tried tea tree oil for the spots?
    Fruit does have a lot of sugar, but it keeps you healthy and overall has a positive impact upon your apperance.

Hygiene? Wash daily?
    I'm not sure if my family had these or not....

Drink tea, it detoxicfies the body. And I meant Chinese Tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    If it's bad enough, roaccutane. It seems to be the only treatment that gives results, I tried everything. People will suggest the most ridiculous things, and 99% of these things do not work. Consider it carefully and talk to your GP to see if you're suitable. I highly, highly recommend it though.

Don't even consider antibiotics though, your acne will come back as soon as you stop and you'll be in trouble if you need them for an infection as the resistance you build to them takes a rather long time to go away.
    All that stuff is horrible for you and never helps get rid of spots completely, should be reserved for severe cases. Never mind the side effects and long term damage to your health even causing depression. Went to a cosmetic show in London few weeks back and spoke to a girl there from a company called Zinplex.

She explained the technical side of why those meds are so bad. All I can say is OMW! she showed me sum interesting photos testimonials (which drew me to the stand in the first place) of results with the natural skin care range that they have. Was so good I bought some right there!

Been using their range now for 2 weeks now and to be honest I not even going to bother visiting the GP. Besides I will take £12 over roaccutane £100+ price any day, I am a student after all..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daredevil12)
    First step is checking your diet. You seem to be on the right path... Continue to eat healthily and take some regular excercise. The clearasil 12 hour toner is amazing, visibly clearer skin in 12 hours and I'm not just saying that. Buy a good skin exfoliator for using in the shower. Look for salicylic acid on the ingredients, its good for reducing the visibility of spots. If you want something a bit stronger you can visit a gp and ask them to prescribe you benzyl peroxide it comes in three different concentrations and they'll recommend what's best for you. (Mums a gp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyme)
    All that stuff is horrible for you and never helps get rid of spots completely, should be reserved for severe cases. Never mind the side effects and long term damage to your health even causing depression. Went to a cosmetic show in London few weeks back and spoke to a girl there from a company called Zinplex.

She explained the technical side of why those meds are so bad. All I can say is OMW! she showed me sum interesting photos testimonials (which drew me to the stand in the first place) of results with the natural skin care range that they have. Was so good I bought some right there!

Been using their range now for 2 weeks now and to be honest I not even going to bother visiting the GP. Besides I will take £12 over roaccutane £100+ price any day, I am a student after all..
    You don't pay for roaccutane on the NHS. All I'm saying is everything else did not work for me and I wouldn't change my decision for anything. My skin is flawless now, 2 years after I stopped with no side effects. Everyone is individual but it worked for me. If you looked at genuine, unbiased studies of roaccutane you will find that it completely heals acne permanently in 80% of cases, so your information is incorrect. I agree that it should be reserved for the most serious of cases and the decision to take it shouldn't be a light one, but unfortunately for many people with severe acne then it is the only thing that shows decent results.

Common sense should tell you that sales people aren't the most trustworthy sources of information. I'll listen to a GP and a dermatologist any day over some women looking to make money for a company.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Be sure to follow these steps closely. Dipping a cottonball in fresh water as opposed to salt will not work, for instance.
    You might want to bring a book -- either waterproof or one that you do not care about being splattered in water. Those three minutes can get boring.
    This is your best bet for monster zits that simply sneak up on you. For long-term healthy skin, cleansing and toning is also important.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.