Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the hardest time structuring my essays in History :/

My coursework results came back the other day (I got a D) and my history teacher says my main problem is with structuring/organisation.

I used to have this problem with other subjects (Psychology) but after being given a structure to use (Point, Evidence, Expand, Comment or whatever) my problem was fixed.

Now I'm wondering if there's something similar for history?
    Or does anyone have any tips in general on how to write a good essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanz1234)
    I'm having the hardest time structuring my essays in History :/

My coursework results came back the other day (I got a D) and my history teacher says my main problem is with structuring/organisation.

I used to have this problem with other subjects (Psychology) but after being given a structure to use (Point, Evidence, Expand, Comment or whatever) my problem was fixed.

Now I'm wondering if there's something similar for history?
    Or does anyone have any tips in general on how to write a good essay?
    Point evidence expand works with all subjects.Although in history coursework its gona be a bit different since you have to get sources and review them.if ur quoting a speech, journal etc, the main focus is not the point but the quote so u basicaly explain and evaluate the quote more than ur point.its all about commenting on evidence

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.