Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well, i have 4 days to learn a Spanish speech approximately 1 page of A4 long when hand written... What is the best way of doing so? My Spanish isn't very good, therefore have trouble remembering the entire speech...

Any techniques?

ReputationRep:
    I find learning it in tiny chunks is best so split your speech into sections and learn them that way. I also find recording it on a phone and listening to it helps as well. Or you can also use sticky notes and write the hardest to remember lines and stick them on doors and before you enter that room you have to say the line and if you can't remember it then read it 3 times before entering. Sounds bizarre but it works for me

Also make sure you know what your presentation means in English. For example if you read over it and can't remember what a certain phrase means then make sure you find out, I think it just helps to understand it better.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! I'm working on translating the entire speech into English now, and am going to split it into 4 sections to learn over the 4 days (obviously going through what i already know each day)... As am i going to record my voice on my iPod, and listen to over and over again and hope my own voice doesn't bore me!

Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaesiumN)
    Thankyou! I'm working on translating the entire speech into English now, and am going to split it into 4 sections to learn over the 4 days (obviously going through what i already know each day)... As am i going to record my voice on my iPod, and listen to over and over again and hope my own voice doesn't bore me!

Thanks for the advice!
    No problem, hope it went well

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.