Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominicque)
    The former. The latter would have been too complicated to craft an essay anwser to, especially in the time that I had(or didn't have). and I'd worked out a plan for corruption, so I just schewed it to the side of governence and oppression. You?

(Although, in hindsight some parts of my answer could have fit better under the second question. )
    I did the presentation of duty one. I looked at the wording of the oppression and good government question and it just put me off immediately. But once I had begun to plan the duty essay, I found that I had lots to write about.

How long did you spend on Section A?

ReputationRep:
    I need urgent advice people. I forgot to put thw question numbers i done. What will happen, and what can i do??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathaniell)
    I need urgent advice people. I forgot to put thw question numbers i done. What will happen, and what can i do??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it. Your examiner will be able to see what question you answered. No examiner is that harsh that they won't go that little step for you

ReputationRep:
    Here's to hoping the grade boundaries are lowered for us then :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about whether I answered the questions properly... and I totally forgot to add critic comments for WOB even though I had a few memorised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshniroxy)
    with unseen poetry you don't need in depth analysis, just pick up a metaphor or repetition and point that out, I have a rule that i have to analyse the unseen poetry after each paragraph so my first paragraph won't mention any links to the unseen but my second will but then my third won't again. When talking about the unseen a couple of sentences linking to the theme of question and the theme of your argument in that paragraph would help.
    Thank you for this.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, hope you found the Exam okay? How did everyone find Hamlet and Blake+ which qs did you pick ?? Can't believe English is all over!! Till results day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M2806)
    I'm worried about whether I answered the questions properly... and I totally forgot to add critic comments for WOB even though I had a few memorised
    as long as you included phrases like "this can be interpreted two ways" ect you still get credit for that AO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathaniell)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They probably will be able to see and put the qs in for you, but you can always try to email WJEC and explain what happened, giving your candidate number and centre number, and ask them..perhaps, if it was me I'd be worried and do that, but exam pressure, so they'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the Blake qs on the appeal of his poetry is suprising readers? Or the Hamlet one on good vs evil forces? What stuff did you right? Hope the boundaries are low!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help guys, I`ve contacted all of the relevant people involved so we`ll see how it goes. My form tutor, who is also an examiner said that it happens all the time, and examiners are usually able to work out which question is being answered. Sooo fingers crossedd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellocharlottee)
    as long as you included phrases like "this can be interpreted two ways" ect you still get credit for that AO
    I don't remember, but I hope I did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjames)
    For those who studied The Wife of Bath's Prologue and Tale or Measure for Measure/The Duchess of Malfi, which questions did you answer and how do you think it went?
    For WOB, I did the question about uncertainty and insecurity and for MFM, I did the question about duty. It seemed like pretty good questions. I hope everyone else did alright. Thank God, it's out of the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainReader)
    I thought the same thing! My answer was terrible- I don't even know if I answered the question properly!
    I also hated the tempest/Faustus questions and some people just have up and walked out of the exam because they were so bad I could feel all the marks slipping away because I was writing complete rubbish, I just wanted to start crying because it was so bad and English is my best subject as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do king lear and oedipus Rex? I thought the questions were nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.O.V.E)
    I also hated the tempest/Faustus questions and some people just have up and walked out of the exam because they were so bad I could feel all the marks slipping away because I was writing complete rubbish, I just wanted to start crying because it was so bad and English is my best subject as well.
    That's how I felt. And my poetry question went so well!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanyLong)
    Anyone do king lear and oedipus Rex? I thought the questions were nice.
    I did, which question did you pick? , and who did you study for poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSI_10)
    Did you use 'The Sick Rose' Pretty much the best poem to choose for ''ugly ingredients''.. and when they say ''ingredients'' surely they mean how the poets use devices to write their poems, er right?
    I did not use that poem. I used the Chimney Sweeper, Holy Thursday, The Echoing Green and London. Yes, I also interpreted ingredients as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.O.V.E)
    One bit of reassurance i can give is that the play is worth 15% of your overall English grade. Hopefully not doing so well in that 15% won't be too detrimental to your overall grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracecooke55)
    Oh I felt my first one went really well and i was thinking "OMG I might even get an A on this paper its so amazing" then when I came to write Tempest/Faustus i was just like D': - I can't see how anyone who did comic characters wrote enough about the Tempest - there's loads in Faustus.. but not so much for Tempest...
    Hopefully that will carry you through then! I really liked the first question as well- though maybe I have misplaced confidence in it. I just hope it did go okay, because the second part definitely didn't!

I guess with the comic scenes you can talk about the parallels between the main plot and them...like the theme of servitude etc, but I just wasn't really sure how you could include context in that answer? I don't know.

That exam was like a bad dream to be honest...XD

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.