Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selym95)
    Does anyone have any useful/key revenge tragedy quotes?
    Seconded, I don't want to have to wade through that Jacobean excrement again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have specific quotes but try and include something about Machiavelli! It's pretty significant to any revenge tragedy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapal)
    I don't have specific quotes but try and include something about Machiavelli! It's pretty significant to any revenge tragedy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean, use him as a critic in our essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusCybernetics)
    Is it possible to upload/link to these model answers? If you can't it's no bother.
    I would if I could but I only have the photocopies my teachers made for me

And I think I remember reading on the mark scheme that they don't expect us to quote specific critics - I think memorising them along with the quotes would make my head explode! I'm just going to stick to offering the interpretations based on my knowledge of Marxism and so on

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean, use him as a critic in our essay?
    i guess it's not really a critic but because he was really one of the first authors os a revenge tragedy, things that he says is relevant. i guess you could use the quotes as almost contextual
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...chiavelli.html
    thats a really good site for them

ReputationRep:
    Contextually, all I can really remember is Machiavelli's 'It is better to be feared than loved' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Contextually, all I can really remember is Machiavelli's 'It is better to be feared than loved' :confused:
    Ah, I apologise I have not been explicit enough. The partner text for Hamlet is Thomas Middleton's 'The Revenger's Tragedy'. I meant key quotes for this play

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I apologise I have not been explicit enough. The partner text for Hamlet is Thomas Middleton's 'The Revenger's Tragedy'. I meant key quotes for this play
    Now I look like a bit of an idiot! I thought you meant in relation to Webster's Malfi. I always seem to forget other people study other texts :P

ReputationRep:

Here are all the Revenger's quotes I picked out, hope it helps!

I don't know if I'll use all of them, learning Hamlet ones at the moment =/
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Revenger's Quotes.docx (15.5 KB, 313 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    Now I look like a bit of an idiot! I thought you meant in relation to Webster's Malfi. I always seem to forget other people study other texts :P
    Ha-ha, no I am guilty for this miss-understanding. Ironically, i also assumed everyone was studying the text!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryGal)
    Here are all the Revenger's quotes I picked out, hope it helps!

I don't know if I'll use all of them, learning Hamlet ones at the moment =/
    Ah, thanks very much! I'm devoting tonight towards getting a good selection. Talk about cutting it fine.

I've repped you

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks very much! I'm devoting tonight towards getting a good selection. Talk about cutting it fine.

I've repped you
    I'm planning on learning my quotes tuesday/wednesday as I have a history exam monday that I am TOTALLY not prepared for =(

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm totally freaking out about this exam ! I need an A* to get into my firm choice and the only possible A* i can get is in English :/

I'm just so nervous

I'm doing the revenger's tragedy and Hamlet and Blake's 'Song's of Innocence and of Experience'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryGal)
    I'm planning on learning my quotes tuesday/wednesday as I have a history exam monday that I am TOTALLY not prepared for =(

Thank you!
    Story of my life! What topic are you doing for history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshniroxy)
    Guys I'm totally freaking out about this exam ! I need an A* to get into my firm choice and the only possible A* i can get is in English :/

I'm just so nervous

I'm doing the revenger's tragedy and Hamlet and Blake's 'Song's of Innocence and of Experience'
    I'd be up for discussing Blake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0ls)
    Story of my life! What topic are you doing for history?
    American Civil Rights on OCR
    decided 5 minutes ago to screw Trade Unions and focus on African Americans, Women and Native Americans xD

You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_axo)
    I'd be up for discussing Blake
    That's awesome ! What poems have you learnt ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to worry about this exam. Last year I got a low B but this year I decided that I could do better (I didn't even know the AO's last year) and decided to buckle up and do my best to try and get an A. To get an A I need about 90% on this exam (37/40 on coursework).

I'm studying The Tempest and Doctor Faustus as well as Blake. Does anyone have any tips to get an A* or seen any A* graded essays?

ReputationRep:
    how many poem quotes is everyone learning? And are you learning full poems, or just snippet quotes?

I have learnt 7 full poems, and then 7 other snippet quotes from other poems.
    The poems i have learnt are:
    Innocence:
    Spring,
    Holy Thursday,
    The Ecchoing Green

Experience:
    The Clod and the pebble
    Ah! Sun flower!
    Holy Thursday
    London
    A poison tree

I'm studying Blake's Song of Innocence and Experience for poetry, and The Tempest and Doctor Faustus for the play!!

Currently i'm dreading the play D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahclose)
    how many poem quotes is everyone learning? And are you learning full poems, or just snippet quotes?

I have learnt 7 full poems, and then 7 other snippet quotes from other poems.
    The poems i have learnt are:
    Innocence:
    Spring,
    Holy Thursday,
    The Ecchoing Green

Experience:
    The Clod and the pebble
    Ah! Sun flower!
    Holy Thursday
    London
    A poison tree

I'm studying Blake's Song of Innocence and Experience for poetry, and The Tempest and Doctor Faustus for the play!!

Currently i'm dreading the play D:
    I only really know 4 poems: London, The Chimney Sweeper (Experience), Tiger and 'Holy Thursday' Experience. I feel like i'm taking a major risk

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.