Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Basically, I havn't done well enough in my A-levels to get straight into medicine (B's and C's).

What are the options for reapplying and getting into medicine, and how can I come about doing this, and where can I find more information on such things. I ONLY want to do Medicine as a carrear.

I WOULD go into Medicine post graduate, but do your A-Levels count/are looked at if you do apply via post graduate entry?

Thanks alot for any help/advise, it is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in Y13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorro10)
    I'm currently in Y13.

You still have the summer exams!! If you work your ass off for the next 3 months (literally become a social recluse) and re-sit every exam you can, better grades are still possible

If not then you could go into Biomedical Science, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacy, Accounting, etc... you still have plenty of other opportunities! Just do a bit of searching around and I'm sure you'll find something interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Giorni)
    You still have the summer exams!! If you work your ass off for the next 3 months (literally become a social recluse) and re-sit every exam you can, better grades are still possible

If not then you could go into Biomedical Science, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacy, Accounting, etc... you still have plenty of other opportunities! Just do a bit of searching around and I'm sure you'll find something interesting
    But I want to get into the Medicine course, how can i go about doing that with those degrees then?

ReputationRep:
    But I want to get into the Medicine course, how can i go about doing that with those degrees then?

Oh sorry I didn't see the bit about going into grad medicine! Ignore accounting then.

If I were in your position I'd go for Pharmacy and then re-apply for medicine. That way, if you are unsuccessful getting into medicine the second time around you'll have a great degree to fall back on with good job prospects, and related to medicine.

I'm not very sure about the emphasis that is put on A-Level results for graduate applicants but I presume that most unis won't be too bothered about them if you have a 2:1 or more in your first degree.

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Basically, I havn't done well enough in my A-levels to get straight into medicine (B's and C's).

What are the options for reapplying and getting into medicine, and how can I come about doing this, and where can I find more information on such things. I ONLY want to do Medicine as a carrear.

I WOULD go into Medicine post graduate, but do your A-Levels count/are looked at if you do apply via post graduate entry?

Thanks alot for any help/advise, it is much appreciated.
    If you don't get the right A level grades then you have the following options available:

1) Resit your A levels from scratch - risky, not many med schools would accept this

2) Go abroad and study medicine - expensive and not necessarily of an equal quality to British medical education

3) Do another degree and apply to medical school in your final year

4) Forget about medicine and settle on another job.

If you do decide to go for option 3 then you can apply to the graduate entry programmes which don't look at A level grades (e.g. Warwick) or place very little emphasis on them (e.g. Southampton).

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.