Music99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just curious, If you could learn any language what would it be any why? and more specifically what materials/ things would you want to see to help you achieve this? Would you be willing to pay for these to help you in learning this language?
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chinese Mandarin.
Whatever helps, online resources, books, one on one tutors.
If it was good enough, then yes.
username321708
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Music99)
Just curious, If you could learn any language what would it be any why? and more specifically what materials/ things would you want to see to help you achieve this? Would you be willing to pay for these to help you in learning this language?
I'd want to be able to understand Spanish and German without wanting to smash my face through a grammar book every time I try to construct a sentence. And no, there are plentiful resources out there at the moment. Books, CDs, DVDs, Youtube channels, access to foreign news, radio and TV, self study materials aimed at the individual learner; it's all already available, one just has to make sure they look in the right places and select the right study materials and products.
Octopus_Garden
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is what I said to you in the other thread.

Hmm, so far I've spent £165+£275+£220+£46 on German courses. And that doesn't include books, DVDs, newspapers or magazines...

£706 over three years... Gott im Himmel...
emilie18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would learn Italian - mostly because it's such a beautiful language! :rolleyes: Also, I speak French and I'm learning Spanish and Portuguese, so I think Italian would fit in well since it's in the same "family" of languages and has a lot of similarities to them.

I think I would rather save my money up and eventually live there for a year or so - that's the best way to learn a language, and you'd learn faster than with a textbook or something similar. Next best thing would be a native tutor - prices range depending on if they're qualified or not but I'd be happy to pay £20ish per session, as long as I felt I was getting a lot out of it.

username1145962
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
-French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Norwegian.
-Ideally going to school in each of these countries/a European school. More realistically, going to lessons, finding penpals, and watching TV in the target languages.
-If I had the money, maybe. But I don't, so I just use friends/family/school and the Internet.
缇娜Dooley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would like to learn Swedish and Russian.
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm learning French, Spanish, and soon Latin, but I'd love to learn Arabic.
Vishwesh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would love to learn Spanish ,but don't feel like doing it through apps and programs rather I want to speak and converse with a person from Spain
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly i want to learn every single european language
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed