The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE English Language exam June

Hello

I am planning to take my iGCSE English Language exam this June as a private candidate. I have no idea what it will be based on. I have less than 2 months to revise where should I start from?!

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing it too.

Well, there is one anthology from the Edexcel English A & B book

One unseen text on which you analyse

And one creative writing piece
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Kolasinac138
I'm doing it too.

Well, there is one anthology from the Edexcel English A & B book

One unseen text on which you analyse

And one creative writing piece

do you know which anthology it is?
Reply 5
Hello,

I am sitting the same exam, also GCSE maths.

I am a bit stuck as to how to revise for english? I have the anthology but now what? As it is 2 years since I left school I have forgotten almost everything about english and that was at GCSE level not IGCSE.

What are you doing to revise and are you confident about the exam so soon?

Sam
Look in the back of the anthology, it has a lot of help.
Reply 7
I need to take a GCSE in English, I have found out about IGCSE. But how did you find a test centre? Can anyone tell me of a centre that will let me sit the exam as a privet candidate. Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Do you have any idea on any of the more likely texts to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, for our english mock exam. (the one given before the final IGCSE which suggests the likeliest anthologies) were A passage to Africa from section A and The Last Night from Section B. I feel that they are quite likely to come up as well so revise them but you can never be too sure :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Does anyone know which specification they are doing? A or B? For IGCSE language
Reply 11
Original post by kaz10
Does anyone know which specification they are doing? A or B? For IGCSE language

I'm doing spec B and the exam is on 23 May
Reply 12
I'm doing B on the 23rd May too. Just bought the Edexcel English A & B book. Hope I can get it all in to my head in a month!
Anybody else who has some great "suspicions" of the anthologies likely to come up in paper1 and paper 2?? And this is for those guys doing English language A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have made a poll for anthologies for the upcoming edexcel igcse may 2013. Please vote.
The thread is called 'the official poll for edexcel igcse may 2013 anthologies for English language A'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
You've stated that you're doing this as a private candidate and only stated language, so I think you can rule out Literature (Anthology) and just revise the Language spectrum.
Reply 16
Original post by parasagarwal01
hi, for our english mock exam. (the one given before the final IGCSE which suggests the likeliest anthologies) were A passage to Africa from section A and The Last Night from Section B. I feel that they are quite likely to come up as well so revise them but you can never be too sure :biggrin:

Hi

Is this for spec B?
Spec A of course.. In Spec B there are no anthologies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
does anyine have any notes on section b of the anthology?
Reply 19
I have a feeling that we will get Passage to Africa for Paper 1

Quick Reply

Latest