Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWCBee)
    My English teacher is betting on either of the climate changes or A Passage to Africa/touching the void however she thinks they may repeat something to keep us on our toes, what do you think?
    I have a strong feeling that one of the climate passages or a game of polo is likely to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liv1111)
    does anyone know what came up in the january 2015 paper?
    If I'm right it was taking on the world. All I know is that the four who haven't been done since the new paper are A Passage, the Climate Changes and Touching the Void.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think for the second paper, an unknown girl may come !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    Anybody else who has some great "suspicions" of the anthologies likely to come up in paper1 and paper 2?? And this is for those guys doing English language A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher predicts climate change or touching the void for section A. For section B most probably unknown girl. That has a high chance of coming most probably! as well as necklace!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicts the same as the nethmioysters

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has a few sketched out analysis of the anthologies and does not mind sharing them ? I need a rough sketch to see how to write these analysis ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liv1111)
    does anyone know what came up in the january 2015 paper?
    King schahriar and his brother
    Explorers of boys messing about

ReputationRep:
    A passage to Africa has already come up on a "R" paper, along with The Necklace. (Available on Edexcel website)

Im betting Climate Change and Veronica.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nethmioysters)
    My teacher predicts climate change or touching the void for section A. For section B most probably unknown girl. That has a high chance of coming most probably! as well as necklace!
    Veronica, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    If I'm right it was taking on the world. All I know is that the four who haven't been done since the new paper are A Passage, the Climate Changes and Touching the Void.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was Explorers or boys messing about on the 2015 one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly1798)
    Is this discussion for the English Language A paper or English Language B paper? There seems to be a weird mix and I'm doing Language B.
    Dont they both contain the same anthologies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasi.99)
    My teacher predicts the same as the nethmioysters
    Stalker!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEStudent903)
    Veronica, anyone?
    If you feel like studying it, you better do so! after all we cannot be sure what might come. Just focus on the ones that have a higher chance of coming. Its best if u go prepared for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEStudent903)
    Dont they both contain the same anthologies?
    I really don't have a clue, I'm doing this as an external candidate so I'm having to teach myself all of it

ReputationRep:
    I really don't have a clue, I'm doing this as an external candidate so I'm having to teach myself all of it
    Ah i see... Would you like any stuff to help? Im doing A though, so, im not sure if we have the same texts? I think they're the same anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, this is what my English says about what Spec A and Spec B have in different. I don't believe you have an Anthology.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    Just to let you know, this is what my English says about what Spec A and Spec B have in different. I don't believe you have an Anthology.
    Yeah, I don't think we have anything anthology related. We have a reading passage in section A where there is an extract of text and we answer questions about it like a comprehensive, they might use the same texts there?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone revising?

I am going to do
    - poem A* analysis revision.
    - revise over all the anthologies using the MS and examiners reports
    - do 3 recent the recent past papers.
    - Check over my writing skills. I will probably also create a few random ideas for paper 1 section C questions.

Id love if the necklace came up. I enjoyed that anthology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
    How is everyone revising?

I am going to do
    - poem A* analysis revision.
    - revise over all the anthologies using the MS and examiners reports
    - do 3 recent the recent past papers.
    - Check over my writing skills. I will probably also create a few random ideas for paper 1 section C questions.

Id love if the necklace came up. I enjoyed that anthology.
    I dislike the necklace due to its length... I find shorter texts like Out Out to be better; however, the necklace is good for commenting on structure.

I go over my anthology notes, complete a practice exam question for the top four texts (in both anthologies), practice some writing and look online for any stuff... Plus, our teacher gave us a booklet with all the Grade A model answers in them for us to look over, as well as some sample responses for texts.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why Climate Change Greenpeace Webpage isn't in the Edexcel Student Book? It only has Climate Change The Facts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.