Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I want to do psychology there, but by the looks of this i think i can only get a B in psychology but i would get an A for my other 2 subjects.

they are asking for 2 as and 1 b, but would they be strict on asking an a in psychology?

also how much work experience would they be expecting?

i am going to do charity and helping orphans during my summer holiday abroad. would that be enough? thanks

ReputationRep:
    The only way you can guarantee a place is if you get AAB. I'm not sure what the other requirements are but I would imagine they only request atleast a B in Psychology. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Having spoken to a large number of people about this, as I got in without the necessary grades myself (though the right grade in my degree subject), it would seem that Kent are willing to be lenient on the grades required if you appear to be a promising student outside of your grades. I do find it harder to imagine them wanting to budge on the A for psychology unless they had the spare spaces to offer them to B students over A students, but Kent are a better uni than most for seeing the potential behind the grades. Hope it helps!

*This is based purely upon having spoken to a wide variety of current second/third year students at Kent about the subject, and not on any official data etc.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.