Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you read? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel I can read more - I was brought up being told books are the windows to the world - this is true! there are so many books to choose from and I feel the amount people read has decreased with tv, internet etc..

So, how much do you read?

ReputationRep:
    About a book a week. More if I'm not busy!

ReputationRep:
    I try and read a book a week, although that's often not possible. I pick a new one up pretty much as soon as I've finished an old one.

ReputationRep:
    i used to read way more before gcse/a levels =(
    but even now i try to read SOMETHING every day....even if it just newscientist...
    my rate of novel-reading has gone down from maybe 3 a week to only about 2-3 a month! (even less if im busy)

ReputationRep:
    I read lots! Definitely one a week. Sometimes more... Depends on the book size and how much spare time I have xD

ReputationRep:
    Not enough. Since coming to uni the only time I read is on the train home (couple of hours). I wish I had the chance to read more but usually I'm too busy or tired when I get home

ReputationRep:
    Lots, does this count too?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Not enough!! Currently supposed to be reading Contact by Carl Sagan but I haven't touched it in over a week. I need more reading discipline.

ReputationRep:
    Atleast one book a week.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how long the book is but I read about 1 book every 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek!)
    About a book a week. More if I'm not busy!
    Saaaames

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.