Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I need to answer this question, but i'm so confused.

' How successful was the Nazi regime in winning loyalty and support of young Germans? '

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HadjerBoum)

' How successful was the Nazi regime in winning loyalty and support of young Germans? '

Hi

I done Higher History last year and got an A, from what I can recall:

The Nazi regime was on a whole successful in winning the loyalty and support of young Germans because their policies mainly included the indoctrination of Nazi ideals from a young age. Youth groups such as the Hitler Youth and the Leauge of German Maidens shaped the way of thinking of young Germans, making them see the Nazi party as the only leader of Germany and therefore making them completely loyal to the party/regime. The youth groups included making the children feel like they were part of something special by providing them with Hitler Uniforms uniforms (free to those who couldn't afford to buy) and giving them holiday trips including games and teamwork (that were actually a way to start training young children for the army.) Loyalty was strictly enforced and children were rewarded for 'telling on bad Germans' who were going against the regieme. This made young Germans loyal because they knew nothing else from a young age and they felt like they were a part of something bigger which made them feel special - this led to the support and loyalty to the regime. In addition, educational reforms such as the daily swearing of allegiance to the Furher in school and changes within the cirriculum to reflect the 'glory' of the Nazi regime and victories over those who they said were inferior to the German Aryan race, conditioned children every day to think that what was going on was normal, so made them loyal to the regime.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:

Meant to add to the above:

Whilst on the whole the regime was succesful in winning loyalty and support, there was also a minority of youth resistance who did not conform to Nazi policies and fought against the regime from within. I'm not really sure about the names etc, but I'm sure you can do a search for some examples of names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dombs)
    Hi

I done Higher History last year and got an A, from what I can recall:

The Nazi regime was on a whole successful in winning the loyalty and support of young Germans because their policies mainly included the indoctrination of Nazi ideals from a young age. Youth groups such as the Hitler Youth and the Leauge of German Maidens shaped the way of thinking of young Germans, making them see the Nazi party as the only leader of Germany and therefore making them completely loyal to the party/regime. The youth groups included making the children feel like they were part of something special by providing them with Hitler Uniforms uniforms (free to those who couldn't afford to buy) and giving them holiday trips including games and teamwork (that were actually a way to start training young children for the army.) Loyalty was strictly enforced and children were rewarded for 'telling on bad Germans' who were going against the regieme. This made young Germans loyal because they knew nothing else from a young age and they felt like they were a part of something bigger which made them feel special - this led to the support and loyalty to the regime. In addition, educational reforms such as the daily swearing of allegiance to the Furher in school and changes within the cirriculum to reflect the 'glory' of the Nazi regime and victories over those who they said were inferior to the German Aryan race, conditioned children every day to think that what was going on was normal, so made them loyal to the regime.

Hope this helps
    Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! This was a great help for me, I'm really grateful. Well done on your A, my predicated grade was an A but I've been less and less interested in history so much grade went down to a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dombs)
    Meant to add to the above:

Whilst on the whole the regime was successful in winning loyalty and support, there was also a minority of youth resistance who did not conform to Nazi policies and fought against the regime from within. I'm not really sure about the names etc, but I'm sure you can do a search for some examples of names.
    The names of the groups were White Rose Group, Edelweiss Pirates and The Swing Youth.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness, thank you so much!! This was a great help for me, I'm really grateful. Well done on your A, my predicated grade was an A but I've been less and less interested in history so much grade went down to a B.
    Thank you! Good luck with your course.

P.S. the 5th line should say Hitler Youth Uniforms not Hitler Uniforms uniforms haha

ReputationRep:
    The names of the groups were White Rose Group, Edelweiss Pirates and The Swing Youth.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dombs)
    Thanks!
    The Nazi regime was successful in winning the loyalty and support of young Germans because their policies mainly included propaganda of Nazi ideas to young Germans from a young age. Youth groups such as the Hitler Youth and the League of German Girls shaped the way of thinking of young Germans, making them see the Nazi party as the only leader of Germany and therefore making them completely loyal to the party/regime. The youth groups included making the children feel like they were part of something special by providing them with Hitler Youth uniforms and giving them holiday trips including games and teamwork. Loyalty was strictly enforced and children were rewarded for 'telling on bad Germans' who were going against the regime. This made young Germans loyal because they knew nothing else from a young age and they felt like they were a part of something bigger which made them feel special - this led to the support and loyalty to the regime. In addition, educational reforms such as changes within the curriculum e.g. PE 3 times a week and learning about Nazi history to reflect the 'glory' of the Nazi regime, victories over those who they said were inferior to the German Aryan race, conditioned children every day to think that what was going on was normal, and so made them loyal to the regime.

However it was unsuccessful in winning loyalty and support of young Germany because, there was a minority of youth resistance who did not adapt to Nazi policies and fought against the regime from within. Groups such as The White Rose, The Swing Youth and Edelweiss Pirates didn’t like the Nazi regime and fought back against the regime. They wanted freedom, to mix with the opposite sex and mix with Jews and non-Aryan people; however the Nazi regime didn't allow this. The Swing Youth met in cafes and nightclubs, they allowed Jews to join them and wore nontraditional clothes e.g. English clothes. Furthermore they took the mick out of the ‘Hail Hitler’ sign. This showed a lack of respect for the Nazi regime, and so this meant that the Nazi regime didn't win the loyalty and support of some young Germans.

Overall I think that the Nazi regime was successful in winning support and loyalty of young Germans because it was only a minority of young people whom didn't adapt to the Nazi regime. Furthermore even before the Hitler youth became compulsory in 1933, before that 30% of young Germans joined the Hitler youth, which shows they already won some support and loyalty of young Germans.

This is what I've written Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    The Nazi regime was successful in winning the loyalty and support of young Germans because their policies mainly included propaganda of Nazi ideas to young Germans from a young age. Youth groups such as the Hitler Youth and the League of German Girls shaped the way of thinking of young Germans, making them see the Nazi party as the only leader of Germany and therefore making them completely loyal to the party/regime. The youth groups included making the children feel like they were part of something special by providing them with Hitler Youth uniforms and giving them holiday trips including games and teamwork. Loyalty was strictly enforced and children were rewarded for 'telling on bad Germans' who were going against the regime. This made young Germans loyal because they knew nothing else from a young age and they felt like they were a part of something bigger which made them feel special - this led to the support and loyalty to the regime. In addition, educational reforms such as changes within the curriculum e.g. PE 3 times a week and learning about Nazi history to reflect the 'glory' of the Nazi regime, victories over those who they said were inferior to the German Aryan race, conditioned children every day to think that what was going on was normal, and so made them loyal to the regime.

However it was unsuccessful in winning loyalty and support of young Germany because, there was a minority of youth resistance who did not adapt to Nazi policies and fought against the regime from within. Groups such as The White Rose, The Swing Youth and Edelweiss Pirates didn’t like the Nazi regime and fought back against the regime. They wanted freedom, to mix with the opposite sex and mix with Jews and non-Aryan people; however the Nazi regime didn't allow this. The Swing Youth met in cafes and nightclubs, they allowed Jews to join them and wore nontraditional clothes e.g. English clothes. Furthermore they took the mick out of the ‘Hail Hitler’ sign. This showed a lack of respect for the Nazi regime, and so this meant that the Nazi regime didn't win the loyalty and support of some young Germans.

Overall I think that the Nazi regime was successful in winning support and loyalty of young Germans because it was only a minority of young people whom didn't adapt to the Nazi regime. Furthermore even before the Hitler youth became compulsory in 1933, before that 30% of young Germans joined the Hitler youth, which shows they already won some support and loyalty of young Germans.

This is what I've written Thanks again
    That's good
    Just a tip for next time, as markers have criteria relating to it - don't introduce a new argument in your conclusion (ie the part about 30% of young Germans joining the Hitler youth before it was compulsory) your main paragraphs are for argument and the conclusion is balancing up both arguments and making a decision on what you think and why, based on examples that you have already discussed in the earlier text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dombs)
    That's good
    Just a tip for next time, as markers have criteria relating to it - don't introduce a new argument in your conclusion (ie the part about 30% of young Germans joining the Hitler youth before it was compulsory) your main paragraphs are for argument and the conclusion is balancing up both arguments and making a decision on what you think and why, based on examples that you have already discussed in the earlier text.
    Ok, i'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you again

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.