Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why do people oppose Romania/Bulgaria coming here, but not Africans ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I dare say it's more about being realistic. If Australia decides it doesn't want to let people in, there aren't many ways people can get in. Same with Canada and the US (excepting the Mexican border). A change to hard rhetoric won't help us when people can just stroll in anyway. It's about handling the influx rather than pretending we can stop it completely. Besides, we're in the EU. If we can move freely, so can others.
    So Australia decides it doesn't want everyone in, and can do it, yet the UK can't? I'm sorry, that's complete nonsense. And let's be clear, up until 1997 when Blair took office, we actually DID have a managed immigration policy of 30 to 50,000 people a year; since then, it exploded.

And besides, being in the EU presents the issue. And this issue of moving freely, I'm sorry for every four EU migrants that come here, there is one Brit that goes into the EU (and that's across the 26 other states btw), so there is not a balance, and it's precisely that, that has led to the "intolerable strain" that the former chief constable of Cambridgeshire was discussing a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even about the countries, it's about how many people will actually want to come over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackJack)
    So Australia decides it doesn't want everyone in, and can do it, yet the UK can't? I'm sorry, that's complete nonsense. And let's be clear, up until 1997 when Blair took office, we actually DID have a managed immigration policy of 30 to 50,000 people a year; since then, it exploded.

And besides, being in the EU presents the issue. And this issue of moving freely, I'm sorry for every four EU migrants that come here, there is one Brit that goes into the EU (and that's across the 26 other states btw), so there is not a balance, and it's precisely that, that has led to the "intolerable strain" that the former chief constable of Cambridgeshire was discussing a few years ago.
    We signed up for the free movement of people in 1973 when we became members of that club and a referendum on membership was offered by a Labour administration to the British public in 75.

The UK government from both sides has been championing enlarging the EU to the poorer Eastern european countries when many others like France were very wary of doing that. If anything our politicians should hang their heads in shame for not increasing our infrastructure to cope with the additional immigration they facilitated.

Prior to 1997 cheap travels via low cost airline was inexistent and cheap communication via mobile/internet was not as present as it became then.
    All of that made it easier for people to immigrate and keep contact with their loved ones back in their home countries than it ever was in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Political correctness will destroy this country. Gypsies whom originate from Bulgaria/Romania are mostly involved in crime. Its the truth, you can't hide it. Immigration needs to be tightened because its getting to the stage where anybody is being let into the country, regardless of what benefits they bring. The point is, most of these people will not work and they will resort to either the welfare system or crime. We shouldn't be negligent of our own priorities, immigration which has no productivity to the country needs to be tightened or banished. Leaving the European Union is the only solution, instead of being puppets to countries which we once overshadowed. Germany has become more politically superior in Europe, even after the atrocities of the World Wars. David Cameron has become a puppet. It's a joke.
    "Political correctness will destroy this country" - I think that this is the first and foremost issue nowadays. It is more important than anything else because it drives everything else.

If we do not address this ideology, we are doomed literally.

Political correctness is the method that a trained elite use to try to enforce compliance with their ideology.

We need to show that we are non-compliant but at the same time argue professionally, courteously, with realistic alternatives and most importantly in a way that comes across as credible and honest, with no spin ourselves and with the aim of showing the spin in their argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because most African people in the UK are 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants and so have properly integrated into out society. Also only a limited number of people are allowed to immigrate from outside of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    No more so than the "gypsies" or "pikeys" from Ireland who are far bigger problem.

I am sick to the back teeth of the ignorant tossers here that keep on tarring all Romanians and Bulgarians with the same brush.

There are some stunning women too from these parts of the world, and the more of them the better. Far more welcome than the Mick Philpotts of this land.

Google Romani Gypsies, you'll see there a bigger problem than Irish gypsies.

Are you supposed to be liberal? You just digged at the Irish gypsies and supported the Eastern Europeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Because most African people in the UK are 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants and so have properly integrated into out society. Also only a limited number of people are allowed to immigrate from outside of the EU.
    I quote from the wiki article on British immigration:

"In 2006, there were 149,035 applications for British citizenship, 32 percent fewer than in 2005. The number of people granted citizenship during 2006 was 154,095, 5 percent fewer than in 2005. The largest groups of people granted British citizenship were from India, Pakistan, Somalia, and the Philippines.[5] In 2006, 134,430 people were granted settlement in the UK, a drop of 25 per cent on 2005.[6]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immig...dom_since_1922

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ignorance on the issues and directed propaganda, they should be opposing them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-James)
    Google Romani Gypsies, you'll see there a bigger problem than Irish gypsies.

Are you supposed to be liberal? You just digged at the Irish gypsies and supported the Eastern Europeans.
    :facepalm: I think if you do some research you will see that Romani and Romanian are two totally different things. How many times do people have to be told?

And I think anyone of sense knows that pikeys are the bigger problem.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: And in that case there is no reason why in a few years time some 2nd generation immigrants from Eastern Europe are not capable of integrating into society. And they are European and this is Europe so there should be as much free travel and immigration from my fellow Europeans within Europe as possible.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: And in that case there is no reason why in a few years time some 2nd generation immigrants from Eastern Europe are not capable of integrating into society. And they are European and this is Europe so there should be as much free travel and immigration from my fellow Europeans within Europe as possible.
    The immigration problem is now, not 30 years ago

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: I think if you do some research you will see that Romani and Romanian are two totally different things. How many times do people have to be told?

And I think anyone of sense knows that pikeys are the bigger problem.
    Thats completely beyond the point, Romani's are concentrated in that area of Europe, a large portion of them in Romania, and the surrounding area.

ReputationRep:
    The immigration problem is now, not 30 years ago
    And why would people like you not complain about further immigration from Africa but see fit to complain about those from Europe? Is it because you are a coward who is too scared? Like most of this retarded hypocritical country?

(Original post by Jordan-James)
    Thats completely beyond the point, Romani's are concentrated in that area of Europe, a large portion of them in Romania, and the surrounding area.
    And there are a lot of potential immigrants from Romania who are NOT Romani's, and are perfectly sensible human beings, some with degrees and all. Not occured to you?

ReputationRep:
    And why would people like you not complain about further immigration from Africa but see fit to complain about those from Europe? Is it because you are a coward who is too scared? Like most of this retarded hypocritical country?
    Did I say I disagreed with all immigration from Europe? No.

It's just that the volume of immigrants from Europe is, and will continue to be larger, than the amount from Africa. This is because of the tighter regulation on immigration from outside of the EU. I trust the current immigration laws regarding immigrants from outside of the EU. People have to be working to come over and are not automatically entitled to benefits and healthcare.

Also people will be more likely to take your opinions seriously if you refrain from calling people cowards and retards.

ReputationRep:
    If their presence becomes noticeable I think it'll end up with more and more people fed up with the policy, and vote to leave the EU. It's a little od how the Government think they can decide who gets to live amongst us, and we have no say.

ReputationRep:
    It's just that the volume of immigrants from Europe is, and will continue to be larger, than the amount from Africa.
    And a very big :woo::woohoo::dancing: to that!

Love the women from Eastern Europe loads - to that I say open the floodgates, more immigrants please. Just what I love to see!! :hump2::kiss2::sexface:

And mind you, I do admit there are some very desirable African women too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    People say Romanians and Bulgarians will "ruin" the country

Yet the same people have no problem with Africans coming here.

Why is this.
    Because Romanians & Bulgarians are white. So it's easier to speak out against it without being called racist. It's easier to say complain about German or French cultural snobbery over Muslim or Nigerian.

If I said the Germans can be very cold and boring, nobody would call me racist. If I said the Muslim can be very cold and boring, bang. I'm racist.

ReputationRep:
    And a very big :woo::woohoo::dancing: to that!

Love the women from Eastern Europe loads - to that I say open the floodgates, more immigrants please. Just what I love to see!! :hump2::kiss2::sexface:

And mind you, I do admit there are some very desirable African women too.
    I regret taking the time to reply to you seriously.

ReputationRep:

And there are a lot of potential immigrants from Romania who are NOT Romani's, and are perfectly sensible human beings, some with degrees and all. Not occured to you?
    The way I see it is, all immigration is bad, except for those who are extremely good at a USEFUL profession. So Doctors, Teachers etc. Things a country benefits from. Why should we have to let anyone into our country? So i WOULD complain about immigration from Africa. And FYI, a country isn't living, so clearly you are the "retarded" one considering a country can't be retarded or hypocritical... But then we could see this from your views...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    Because Romanians & Bulgarians are white. So it's easier to speak out against it without being called racist. It's easier to say complain about German or French cultural snobbery over Muslim or Nigerian.

If I said the Germans can be very cold and boring, nobody would call me racist. If I said the Muslim can be very cold and boring, bang. I'm racist.
    Which frankly sums up the hypocrisy and double standards that utterly pish me off and sum up how cowardly people here are. Unable to understand that saying bad things about white foreigners is every bit as racist and offensive as saying bad things about non-whites. Unfortunately too many people are messed up to realise this.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.