Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

It looks like I might be working in Oxford over the summer and I was just wondering if anyone knows of short term (4-8 weeks) accommodation options in/close to town. I'm assuming that I could stay in college (probably?), but at the usual rate that would cost at least £120 per week.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You'd be more than lucky if you managed to get short term accommodation close to Oxford for £120 a week. There are a few places that offer short term accommodation, but even those charge about £300 a week for a room (never mind a studio apartment), for the short-term you're looking at.

ReputationRep:
    There could potentially be student houses with spare rooms willing to accommodate you. WOrth keeping an eye out online.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I noticed this thread and I know it's a bit old but I thought it might be worth asking. I'm looking for summer accommodation as well (will be working at Oxford University Press for 8 weeks) and I tried to google some of the colleges but they seem very expensive - are there any university students looking for a flatmate over the summer or other cheaper alternatives?

I have never been to Oxford before so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by which areas to look for on spareroom and gumtree - any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot in advance,
    alaska.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alaska.)
    Hey,

I noticed this thread and I know it's a bit old but I thought it might be worth asking. I'm looking for summer accommodation as well (will be working at Oxford University Press for 8 weeks) and I tried to google some of the colleges but they seem very expensive - are there any university students looking for a flatmate over the summer or other cheaper alternatives?

I have never been to Oxford before so I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by which areas to look for on spareroom and gumtree - any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot in advance,
    alaska.

check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606...48859/?fref=ts - people might be looking for short term housemates etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606...48859/?fref=ts - people might be looking for short term housemates etc.
    Thanks so much - I tried so many searches but I hadn't found that one yet.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.