Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Need. help. urgently. ACCIDENTLY ATE RAW MEAT! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was preparing some lamb and my hands were not washed when I needed to cough, so I covered my mouth and some of the scraps of meat entered. :mad: This was about an hour ago, at first I felt fine, now I feel a bit light-headed.

Afterwards I drank lots of water and tried to cough up any bits I swallowed. To be honest they were quite small (almost the size of crumbs), but I can't help but worry.

So - will I be OK? Has this ever happened to any of you?

Thank you - I'm too young to die :cry:

ReputationRep:
    You are not going to die, dont worrry! Go to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    You are not going to die, dont worrry! Go to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it normal to be paranoid?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you'll be fine. I think the fact that you're worrying a lot is what's making you feel ill, when in actual fact if you didn't worry you'll feel fine.
    Honestly, I doubt you'll get ill at all.

ReputationRep:
    You feeling light headed is the beginning of your brain re-transfiguring itself.

Tomorrow you will wake up a sheep, there is no known cure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Is it normal to be paranoid?
    No! You're showing clear symptoms of paranoia!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you will not die
    As you say it was only a little bit that you swallowed. You probably feel light-headed since you are getting paranoid and worrying.

ReputationRep:
    The only problems eating raw meat are;

1. Humans usually can't digest it.
    2. There's a small chance it could contain harmful bacteria.

The latter is far more common in chicken - lamb is dark meat, which is generally ok. Besides it's not like you ate an entire steak. If you get serious symptoms call NHS direct or let someone know. However, the chances of this happening are 1,000,000 to one. Relax, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    OK, I'm going to put on a DVD to take my mind off it.

I feel more relaxed now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.