Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

what is the most common presumption about your username? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roh)
    Yeah, I remembered seeing it quite a bit but didn't sign up whilst researching unis, then was searching some stuff about my course one day and saw a 'where does Law with French?' thread, figured I'd help out as there aren't many people who do my course, hence hurried username.
    Out of interest do any of your friends/people your age in school/university talk about TSR? I'm under the impression that most people signed up through Google searches and try to remain as anonymous as possible, to speak more freely.

ReputationRep:
    That I'm a vile person who preys on the misfortune and torment of others.

I couldn't be more misunderstood, at times :cool:

ReputationRep:
    nothing, I am Ilyas. It's my rl name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    You have a doormat fetish and love a guy called Stuart?
    Ha! Nope. It's actually not very creative. I'm a mature student... Mat Stu. 😐 It's all I could think of at the time.

ReputationRep:
    That I believe I am a genius and want ot rub it in people's faces. I thought the word "Aspiring" was a clue to see its very much the converse :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I had one guy randomly asking me how big my solid snake is... :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Out of interest do any of your friends/people your age in school/university talk about TSR? I'm under the impression that most people signed up through Google searches and try to remain as anonymous as possible, to speak more freely.
    Not really, quite a few people use the 'Training Contracts 20XX' thread and similar ones for Fast Stream etc. on my course but not the rest of the site. I know my girlfriend uses it, but she's a medic and it seems more common for them.

I think I do probably know other users irl from uni, but none of us have made any effort to pin down exactly who we are.

Certainly most people try to keep some level of anonymity I think, the only person who know who I am other than my gf is a member of our admissions team who watches the Law and Leicester forums to see what's being said and worked out who I am.

ReputationRep:
    That I'm a motorcycle.

In seriousness I had a girl think it was my actual name but it's not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Scottish mod who's been brought up in the rural sticks of the Central East. What it says on the tin, really.

ReputationRep:
    Probably that I'm really arrogant but i'd change it if I was allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeegirl)
    I have had many PM's asking me whether i love coffee that much and in fact I hate coffee...the name was just a on the spot thing

share yours
    You could be the girl that gets coffee...

I guess that I love marshmallows. I don't eat marshmallows, most of them aren't vegetarian so I can't eat them and it's too much hassle to look for the veggie ones so I don't bother.
    I'm also not a car (not that it comes up), but I am little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matstu)
    Ha! Nope. It's actually not very creative. I'm a mature student... Mat Stu. 😐 It's all I could think of at the time.
    Ahhh but it does have a meaning and is personal to you

ReputationRep:
    presume ill never change my name, and i won't :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like jam when in fact I hate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    That I'm a motorcycle.

In seriousness I had a girl think it was my actual name but it's not.
    Lol but it sounds like it could be a name

ReputationRep:
    I've had people tell me that they like my username - once I had a conversation with someone about how good it would be if there were an actual Koalagate one day - but I don't know about any presumptions. Possibly that I like koalas? (Which happens to be true)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    Lol but it sounds like it could be a name
    Yeah that's why it was an understandable question, it just happens to not be my real name

ReputationRep:
    I'm a disease...

Name:  homealonegin.gif
Views: 46
Size:  51.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    That my spelling is atrocious; given that I should be before E, except after C, which we learn at like 6 or whatever.

Also Vang Vieng was the definition of hedonistic utopia. The Lao government destroyed all the bars and the 'death slide' and swings hence long live Vang Vieng :'( Alcohol/drugs + slides/swings + shallow rocks = death/decapitation is obviously a problem but they didn't have to destroy everything and make it more 'upmarket' .

ReputationRep:
    Well I think mine is a little obvious However, unlike certain members of her fan base, I do not take offence when another celebrity has a debacle with her - unless it's on a big issue like anti LGBT or something - that's her own personal business. Fans should care for the celebrity, but NOT that much - not as if we know her personally or anything (same goes for Justin Bieber and all other celebrities with mass cult followings). Fans appreciate the music. That is the primary goal of being a fan. I also love plenty of other artists, including some Gaga has fell out with. And to be honest, I think Gaga would be extremely annoyed if her fans abandoned other artists who are just as good, even if she HAS fell out with them.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.