Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

The illogical mindset of women Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty101)
    well then why are you judging girls saying there going after 'bad guys' if your not sure yourself what one is!
    he didn't say that personally, or was the OP talking on behalf of all men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that most women seem to be attracted by guys who are highly arrogant, or complete *******. Women complain that there are no nice guys around, yet they seem to constantly make the wrong choice when it comes to relationships. Do they not learn? It is quite puzzling.
    Probably because nice guys don't ask them out, the jerks beat them to it.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, idiotic generalisations with no basis but anecdotes.

Well in the words of Leslie Knope of the Parks Department:

Men are pigs.

We even now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lala_1234)
    You obviously aren't learning from your experiences if you're still going for the wrong girls.

ps. That goatee probably isn't helping
    haha, true dat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bssjonny)
    There are too many people who say that they cant get a girl because they're a "nice guy".
    No girl is going to dislike you on account of you being nice. The real reason is because nice guys have a tendency to lack confidence, wit and charm.
    I'm not saying that I can't 'get a girl' because I'm a 'nice guy'. I'm just stating that women tend to go for guys who treat them like crap. Personally I don't think I lack confidence, the total opposite actually. Who knows, maybe they were formulated to become attracted to danger? Probably the reason why red is associated with feminism.

ReputationRep:
    >claims that only other guys are arrogant and he's nice
    >boldly states that women make the "wrong choice" and thinks he knows better

RIGHT THEN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Yay, idiotic generalisations with no basis but anecdotes.

Well in the words of Leslie Knope of the Parks Department:

Men are pigs.

We even now??
    How can it be a generalisation when I have personally experienced it? I'm not following a general belief with not substance, I have experienced it first-hand. I don't see why you strongly deny it when you know it's true. The truth hurts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    You're making the assumption that it's a choice who a person is attracted to. If you like spending time around someone, it is difficult not to. Don't become bitter about it, instead make yourself more attractive to women (and no, it doesn't require you to become self-absorbed and arrogant).
    It is a choice though. Your mind-set, your experiences, all factor into it.

You choose your experiences, you choose those experiences which then evolve to give you a certain mind-set.

You choose how you interprete them, how you think of them.

We humans do have 'instincts', but we are far more intelligent, far more sophisticated than mere animals.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that I can't 'get a girl' because I'm a 'nice guy'. I'm just stating that women tend to go for guys who treat them like crap. Personally I don't think I lack confidence, the total opposite actually. Who knows, maybe they were formulated to become attracted to danger? Probably the reason why red is associated with feminism.

Maybe you are one of the arrogant ones?

ReputationRep:
    Good guy: A person who is faithful, respects women and acknowledges what they have before them.

Bad guy: A person who is deceitful, disrespects women and disacknowledges what they have before them.
    Being deceitful doesn't make you bad, - (it's not good either) but I'm just saying there could be good guys that have given in to the moment and felt really guilty about it and realised there mistake. Also "acknowledges what they have before them" what do you mean 'acknowledge' nod your head at a girl and you expect her to courtesy? No that sounds awful! but honestly most guys seem faithful and respecting of women have you thought maybe its like a "good cop - bad cop" tactic. girls are curious creatures! no one wants someone deceitful and disrespecting but we can still be drawn in to check if its a tactic?
    does that make sense? LOL

ReputationRep:
    How can it be a generalisation when I have personally experienced it? I'm not following a general belief with not substance, I have experienced it first-hand. I don't see why you strongly deny it when you know it's true. The truth hurts.
    So your anecdotes are now scientific evidence on which to make broad statements about an entire sex.

:rolleyes:

I like the end sentence, are you trying to imply that my boyfriend is an undesirable candidate in your eyes?

ReputationRep:
    You obviously aren't learning from your experiences if you're still going for the wrong girls.

ps. That goatee probably isn't helping
    Oh my, you have serious misinterpretations. I haven't stated the fact that I've personally experienced such things, simply witnessed. I like my facial hair thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFlury)
    he didn't say that personally, or was the OP talking on behalf of all men?
    oh good point! but I was directing that response to the OP! I'm sure not all guys think that. I think...
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    It is a choice though. Your mind-set, your experiences, all factor into it.

You choose your experiences, you choose those experiences which then evolve to give you a certain mind-set.

You choose how you interprete them, how you think of them.

We humans do have 'instincts', but we are far more intelligent, far more sophisticated than mere animals.
    Feeling attracted isn't a choice, you merely recognise it when you do. You can't just pick a guy who you think is nice, and then make yourself attracted to him. Maybe you can resist cocky guys, but you will be judging them without giving them a chance.

(And humans are animals, and the degree of choice we have usually isn't all it's assumed to be.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    So your anecdotes are now scientific evidence on which to make broad statements about an entire sex.

:rolleyes:

I like the end sentence, are you trying to imply that my boyfriend is an undesirable candidate in your eyes?
    I'm not bothered by the fact you have an opinion, but it's annoying when you take my words out of context. Please read some of my posts. Where did I once imply that your boyfriend is an 'undesirable candidate'?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, you have serious misinterpretations. I haven't stated the fact that I've personally experienced such things, simply witnessed. I like my facial hair thank you very much.
    QUOTE: I think I'm mature enough to make smart decisions and learn from my experiences.

I wasn't misinterpreting... You claimed you were learning from your own experiences.

Also you come across as quite arrogant, saying that girls have an illogical mindset... Not really a compliment is it?

ReputationRep:
    I personally think over-confidence leads to arrogance.

Female attention > Confidence > More female attention > Over-confidence > Arrogance.

p.s I don't see why some people are taking this to heart, I'm not trying to offend anybody, just simply have a discussion without the creation of a gender war.

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE: I think I'm mature enough to make smart decisions and learn from my experiences.

I wasn't misinterpreting... You claimed you were learning from your own experiences.

Also you come across as quite arrogant, saying that girls have an illogical mindset... Not really a compliment is it?
    I was implying about your quote which indicated that that I had said something in connection with your relationship.

How can a person's opinion be perceived as arrogance if it's their own interpretation? That means that the whole world is arrogant because people have different views and beliefs. You're trying to portray me as somebody who has something against women. If you think about it, it's not really fair. I'm not subjecting you to anything. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No its that the guys that attract women are the ones who challenge them, don't come across as needy and desperate and are self amused not seeking approval or validation from the girl.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't once said it's bad, but would you say it's a good trait to have?
    It really depends in what way the person is arrogant like I said.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.