ahh really we'll probably be sharing a kitchen i'm in 254 (:
    That's cool! Atleast i might know one person when i get there then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox.katy.27)
    That's cool! Atleast i might know one person when i get there then
    yep! hopefully we will find more people living around us
    do you have facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Got hawthorns block z. Anyone else there? And/or doing physio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura1234567890)
    yep! hopefully we will find more people living around us
    do you have facebook?
    Yeah hopefully I do.. https://www.facebook.com/katy.fox.921

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox.katy.27)
    Yeah hopefully I do.. https://www.facebook.com/katy.fox.921
    thanksss i'll add you

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional for Physio and I just got my accommodation offer for Hor J 030, anyone else near by?

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=benallen;43665760]Got hawthorns block z. Anyone else there? And/or doing physio?

Hey I'm doing Physio too! Living in Hawthorns block J

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    Ah, you're in R Block, Barrnes. I'm assuming your a midwife/medic? I'm in K Block
    Good guess, adult nursing what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahlovesroses)
    I actually cannot wait. Initially, I was SO excited, and then I kinda wasn't any more, but now the excitement has returned to the extreme that I actually feel a little ill, aha!

How about you? I'm a BIT miffed that the accommodation is so far from the music department, but I suppose I could invest in a bike!
    I was really excited too but then I got my accommodation offer and now it feels a bit TOO real so I've gone back to apprehensive! I hope the rest of our 'block mates' are nice!

I initially thought it was a bit far from lectures but now I quite like that it's off campus slightly, keeps the noise down when I need to study for exams but it's close enough for me to get to quickly when I feel the need to escape the books!

I reckon we'll be sharing the same kitchen then! Can you cook? I can't cook anything other than pasta and toast!! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsft)
    Good guess, adult nursing what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah nice and I'm a 3rd year, doing History and International Relations

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jenninewton;43666242]I've got an unconditional for Physio and I just got my accommodation offer for Hor J 030, anyone else near by? [/QUOTE

Eeeeek! I think you're my next door neighbour! I'm in Hor J 029 I've got an unconditional for Pharmacy starting in Sept! How exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creative_thinker)
    I was really excited too but then I got my accommodation offer and now it feels a bit TOO real so I've gone back to apprehensive! I hope the rest of our 'block mates' are nice!

I initially thought it was a bit far from lectures but now I quite like that it's off campus slightly, keeps the noise down when I need to study for exams but it's close enough for me to get to quickly when I feel the need to escape the books!

I reckon we'll be sharing the same kitchen then! Can you cook? I can't cook anything other than pasta and toast!! :/
    Me too! That's my biggest worry about going to Uni - meeting new people! From the age of 3-18 I was at the same school, so I've never moved schools before! I've had a year out though, so that might make it a bit easier :P

My sisters have oh-so-kindly told me horror stories about their evil flat mates and everything! ...encouraging! Haha...but I'm sure they'll all be nice though :P

Well I like to cook if that counts? Haha! I've worked in a kitchen part time, this year, so I don't think I'm too bad!
    I LOVE pasta, so I won't be complaining! Haha!

ReputationRep:
    IS it just me or does everyone seem to be getting accommodation offers its making me nervous as i was told i had to wait until results were confirmed on 15th august !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahlovesroses)
    Me too! That's my biggest worry about going to Uni - meeting new people! From the age of 3-18 I was at the same school, so I've never moved schools before! I've had a year out though, so that might make it a bit easier :P

My sisters have oh-so-kindly told me horror stories about their evil flat mates and everything! ...encouraging! Haha...but I'm sure they'll all be nice though :P

Well I like to cook if that counts? Haha! I've worked in a kitchen part time, this year, so I don't think I'm too bad!
    I LOVE pasta, so I won't be complaining! Haha!
    I've heard some pretty horrible stories too but I've also found someone who lived in Hawthorns last year (and will be living in our block this year room 014) who says that Hawthorns is extremely friendly and more of a community so I'm not quite so nervous now!

Did you work through your year out or travel? What school did you go to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 but I've just finished college. I lived abroad for 3 years and then came back to the UK to go to college and study again

Have you joined this facebook group yet? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1382..._comment_reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenninewton)

Hey I'm doing Physio too! Living in Hawthorns block J

Not the only physio in hawthorns then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenninewton)
    I've got an unconditional for Physio and I just got my accommodation offer for Hor J 030, anyone else near by?
    I'm in K block so I'm quite near!

ReputationRep:
    If I'm a insurance applicant... I haven't applied for accomodation yet.
    Is this correct? Have I missed anything?

I'm really torn whether to come to Keele or not. I have a feeling I've got the grades for my insurance (Keele), but my family worry that it's going to be too quiet for me, considering it's a campus in a very small city.
    My family are also concerned about uni rankings - so I'm really confused!

What made you firm? I'd love some advice from someone who loves keele and if you could say why, it would help.
    I found the accommodation very very worrying on my uni visit - it wasn't very big or clean. I heard like 30 people sharing a kitchen!!

Any advice? x

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the student union is quiet and it's a "quiet university".
    I come from Manchester, so a huge city and everyone has been putting me off Keele (i've tried to ignore, but when even your family tell you not to go it's worrying).

They said they would rather me risk going into clearing for Birmingham or Cardiff uni, because they are higher ranked and more respected. And because no-one has really heard of it because its in such a quiet town. They said I would be bored and that there are no sports facilities (compared to Bath, my firm choice, that is liteally a sports uni with olympic pools)

My main concern it it being too quiet. I've visited 3 times and had an interview, and every time it's been incredibly quiet with few people around.

Being told all this made me think, I shouldn't go to Keele, it's too quiet etc.. and I should do a gap year, but I'm trying to reconsider, because my course isn't terrible, and it seems like a nice place to be.

Any more advice?
    (sorry I went into another post!) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    I've heard the student union is quiet and it's a "quiet university".
    I come from Manchester, so a huge city and everyone has been putting me off Keele (i've tried to ignore, but when even your family tell you not to go it's worrying).

They said they would rather me risk going into clearing for Birmingham or Cardiff uni, because they are higher ranked and more respected. And because no-one has really heard of it because its in such a quiet town. They said I would be bored and that there are no sports facilities (compared to Bath, my firm choice, that is liteally a sports uni with olympic pools)

My main concern it it being too quiet. I've visited 3 times and had an interview, and every time it's been incredibly quiet with few people around.

Being told all this made me think, I shouldn't go to Keele, it's too quiet etc.. and I should do a gap year, but I'm trying to reconsider, because my course isn't terrible, and it seems like a nice place to be.

Any more advice?
    (sorry I went into another post!) x
    I know what you mean, when I went for an open day it was extremely quiet but I later visited a friend currently studying there and it was alive with loads of people. I reckon it just depends on whether you're attending an organised event through the uni as it tends to be quieter then.

The accommodation varies significantly depending on what you want. I decided that price was more important to me and went for a standard room with wash basin but the accommodation in Holly Cross and the Oaks is lovely with all rooms being premier en-suites!

I think ranking is more important when you are going for universities in the top 10 but after that I reckon it's more down to the specific course you want and whether it meets all your wants and needs.

Keele is a smaller university, however, the reason I liked it was because I could have the quiet I need when studying for exams or doing coursework but it's also been ranked in the top 10 in the UK for the SU so if you want a good party there is always one close by. With Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke being so close (Stoke costs just £7 in a taxi and buses are much cheaper) you'll always find something to do.

For information on sports, have you looked http://www.keele.ac.uk/sport/athleti...elesportclubs/ It has a list of the sports clubs you can join and the gym costs just £150 for the year. This will also give you discount into a pool which is local to Keele.

You need to make the decision that's best for you and not take into consideration what others think. They may only have your best interests at heart but only you will know if Keele is right for you

Hope this helps!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.