Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I've noticed recently that when i'm with my girlfriend, she'll act differently towards me depending on who's around. For example, when she's with a certain group of friends she can act like a douche and make sarcy, snide comments, but when we're around another group, she'll be sweet, kind, lovey-dovey etc.
    It's just so confusing because I feel like i'm the one doing something wrong here. Why would she act so different?

ReputationRep:
    She maybe insecure around the group that she acts like a douche in, she may feel like she's diferent and trying to fit in with them and be more like them. Do you find that she mimics the way they behave? If you are unhappy with the way she acts confront her about it because she may not realise that she's doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Are the group she's "snide" with single by any chance ? Maybe she doesn't want to seem like because she's got a bf she's not one of the gang anymore.

As far as you are concerned you can either take it or let her know it makes you unhappy. Asking her why probably wont lead to any answers. I doubt she'll openly say out loud that she's desperate to fit in.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds more like an issue that your girlfriend has, than anything you've done to be honest. Either stop going with her when she hangs out with the group she tends to be snide with or talk to her about it.

(Original post by LiliaGD)
    She maybe insecure around the group that she acts like a douche in, she may feel like she's diferent and trying to fit in with them and be more like them. Do you find that she mimics the way they behave? If you are unhappy with the way she acts confront her about it because she may not realise that she's doing it.
    Yeah, basically she seems to try and act more like them. Do you think it's just that she doesn't want to look 'weak' in front of them?

(Original post by Arenas123)
    Are the group she's "snide" with single by any chance ? Maybe she doesn't want to seem like because she's got a bf she's not one of the gang anymore.

As far as you are concerned you can either take it or let her know it makes you unhappy. Asking her why probably wont lead to any answers. I doubt she'll openly say out loud that she's desperate to fit in.
    yeah, they are all single. I guess i'll just have to confront her about it, i'd rather say something now before it builds up and i end up saying something i don't want to say

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.