Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    1. Handing Cvs
    Most stores don't accept them. They say to apply online.

2. Online vacancies
    All online vacancies are for managers and upper positions. Not even one for general assistant, stockboy, etc.

So what to do?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    1. Handing Cvs
    Most stores don't accept them. They say to apply online.

2. Online vacancies
    All online vacancies are for managers and upper positions. Not even one for general assistant, stockboy, etc.

So what to do?
    They will only advertise vacancies when they have them. The best thing to do is carry on checking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    They will only advertise vacancies when they have them. The best thing to do is carry on checking.
    I see.

ReputationRep:
    u usually apply online i know asda is like this u apply online then u have to a questions but they are very very picky apparently you have to have everything right or they don't look at you then you have a group interview before u can get the job as fair as im aware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neko-panda)
    u usually apply online i know asda is like this u apply online then u have to a questions but they are very very picky apparently you have to have everything right or they don't look at you then you have a group interview before u can get the job as fair as im aware
    It makes it seem like you need to be a bright person to get a job with Asda/Sainsbury/Tesco and honestly, no offense but I am yet to meet a bright person working at customer level in any of these supermarkets. I have seen very "not very bright" people working there and I wonder how they got their job.

ReputationRep:
    You have to sell your soul.

ReputationRep:
    It makes it seem like you need to be a bright person to get a job with Asda/Sainsbury/Tesco and honestly, no offense but I am yet to meet a bright person working at customer level in any of these supermarkets. I have seen very "not very bright" people working there and I wonder how they got their job.
    Can people stop generalising people who work in these supermarkets please? I work in asda, on the shop floor and photo/games desk and I have a BSc, MSc and am currently studying veterinary medicine so will be a vet in the future. Therefore I presume I must be considered bright? Many of the people who work in the stores are young people working part time so they can earn money while they study. This is the case for a lot of people at my store. Yes there are some who arent the brightest, ie my department manager, but not everyone is.

About Asda's online questionaire, basically if you can read and write to the standard of about a 10 year old (though probably younger), you will pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Apply Online' can be applied loosely. I work at Morrisons and I printed off an application form online and filled it out, handed it in & got the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miffy56)
    Can people stop generalising people who work in these supermarkets please? I work in asda, on the shop floor and photo/games desk and I have a BSc, MSc and am currently studying veterinary medicine so will be a vet in the future. Therefore I presume I must be considered bright? Many of the people who work in the stores are young people working part time so they can earn money while they study. This is the case for a lot of people at my store. Yes there are some who arent the brightest, ie my department manager, but not everyone is.

About Asda's online questionaire, basically if you can read and write to the standard of about a 10 year old (though probably younger), you will pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know I will pass. But normally there are tons of people applying for the same job as you. This makes it highly unlikely to get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilroy8)
    'Apply Online' can be applied loosely. I work at Morrisons and I printed off an application form online and filled it out, handed it in & got the job.
    Did they allow you to give them the application form? Who did you give the application form to?

ReputationRep:
    Waged staff roles are on a different part of the site. Www.asda.jobs/hourly

ReputationRep:
    Did they allow you to give them the application form? Who did you give the application form to?
    Yes. I handed the application form and my CV at the customer service desk.

ReputationRep:
    I think Tesco require you to go in store too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcg97)
    I think Tesco require you to go in store too

No, it's completely online. http://stores.tesco-careers.com

ReputationRep:
    Well ive been applying now since i was 18 and havent even came close as soon as i send an application online comes back unsuccessful with a space of 3 second how seriously ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky201094)
    Well ive been applying now since i was 18 and havent even came close as soon as i send an application online comes back unsuccessful with a space of 3 second how seriously ???
    Well thats because you failed the pre-interview assessment questions.

ReputationRep:
    I havent done the pre interview questions it has never asked me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky201094)
    I havent done the pre interview questions it has never asked me
    Places like that autoscreen your CV before sending you the questions.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.