Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I am a fairly large person and all my friends make comments about that and are racist towards me. I get it constantly and it's effecting my school work, but here's the thing. EVERYONE does it, i want to make new friends but there are no new people that won't bully me. What should i do? I don't want to be bullied but i don't want to have no friends

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Thanks for your message.
    I am sorry to hear about the bullying you are experiencing. Bullying of any kind whether it is to do with appearance, race, gender, sexuality or anything else is not acceptable.

Is there anyone at school that you can talk to? They should have an anti-bullying policy so maybe you can talk to a teacher? I know it can be hard to talk about, but the more people who know, the easier it will be. Unfortunately bullying does not often stop unless other people become aware of it and can help you.

You say these people are your friends, but true friends would not bully you. don't think that because these people treat you like this that other people will too. I am sure that there are lots of people that would love to be your friend. Remember that many people bully others because they are jealous of them. I know that doesn't make it any easier to deal with though.

These sites have got some really useful advice about what you can do:
    http://www.bullying.co.uk/advice/young-people-advice
    http://www.childline.org.uk/explore/.../bullying.aspx

I really hope things improve and that you meet some lovely new friends who will treat you properly.
    Take care
    jo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered relationship abuse Q&A threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.