Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Could you please advise me on this question Exemption Clause? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need some tips and a brief outline on how i can answer this question,

Terry saw a notice displaying ‘closed circuit television in operation’ in the car park owned by ‘Benjamin Car Park Ltd’. He decided that he would park his car in that car park .As he drove in, and before he had taken a ticket from the machine, he also saw another notice:’ Cars parked at owners’ risk. No responsibility whatsoever is accepted for any cars damaged or stolen, howsoever caused’.

When he returned to his car later he found that one of its side windows had been smashed and hisradio and cassettes had been stolen. He immediately contacted the attendant to explain what had happened but the rather unhelpful attendant simply pointed to the notice by the entrance.

Terry, admitting knowledge of the notice excluding liability, asked the attendant if he could take a look at a video recording from the cameras in the hope that he could identify the culprit. The attendant said that it was not possible to play the recording because the cameras had not been working for two months.

Advise Terry.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.