Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Helllo! :-)

I'm a bit stuck, haha! The main ambition is to study medicine, one day.. but, in all honesty, I paid no attention in school back in 3rd and 4th year meaning I only sat Intermediate 2s in 5th year and Highers in 6th year.

I have never studied Chemistry until this year, so I was at Int 2 for that buuuut..

In August I was diagnosed with depression and have to go to clinics twice a month, which sucks haha! My motivation completely sank and my attendance dropped majorly - as did my grades. So, I dropped Chemistry to focus on my Highers.

So, as expected, I recieved unsuccessful after unsuccessful.. and then I got a conditional for Anatomy at Glasgow!!!! :eek: :woo:

THEN about two minutes ago, I suddenly realised.. even if I do study Anatomy, I still don't have higher Chemistry.. so will I even be accepted to Medicine after this!? Or should I go to college and work on getting Adv Highers etc then Apply? Or what?

Bearing in mind that although I think Anatomy is a fantastic course and also my first choice, my passion is - and always will be - Medicine, what do I do!?!?!

P.S. I'm sorry if this made no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinalikescheese)
    Helllo! :-)

I'm a bit stuck, haha! The main ambition is to study medicine, one day.. but, in all honesty, I paid no attention in school back in 3rd and 4th year meaning I only sat Intermediate 2s in 5th year and Highers in 6th year.

I have never studied Chemistry until this year, so I was at Int 2 for that buuuut..

In August I was diagnosed with depression and have to go to clinics twice a month, which sucks haha! My motivation completely sank and my attendance dropped majorly - as did my grades. So, I dropped Chemistry to focus on my Highers.

So, as expected, I recieved unsuccessful after unsuccessful.. and then I got a conditional for Anatomy at Glasgow!!!! :eek: :woo:

THEN about two minutes ago, I suddenly realised.. even if I do study Anatomy, I still don't have higher Chemistry.. so will I even be accepted to Medicine after this!? Or should I go to college and work on getting Adv Highers etc then Apply? Or what?

Bearing in mind that although I think Anatomy is a fantastic course and also my first choice, my passion is - and always will be - Medicine, what do I do!?!?!

P.S. I'm sorry if this made no sense.
    I'm pretty sure that if you finish the Anatomy degree then apply they wont consider that you don't have Chemistry, they'll just look at how you did in the degree.
    I'm currently studying Anatomy at Glasgow (it's great, you'll love it!), and it seems that most people want to go on to Medicine afterwards.

In first year you'll need to study a minimal amount of chemistry (as I'm sure you know, you have to take either chemistry or science fundamentals in first year along with biology), as you don't have higher, you'll do science fundamentals which I did, it's a combination of chemistry, maths, physics and statistics, but it really wasn't very difficult chemistry and was quite easy to pick up. To be honest I don't feel at a disadvantage having taken science fundamentals in first year rather than chemistry.

If you have any other questions about the course or classes or anything I'd be happy to answer =)

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.