Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

LOL @ pathetic White knight guys on this site Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Some people are so silly, I don't see how anyone could get catfished. It's pretty easy to tell if someone's a fake.
    Exactly. It happened to my friend as well; I felt really bad for him, but if he just copied her profile picture onto Google, he'd have found out she was a fake. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    lol, so they are douches because they are being friendly O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    Exactly. It happened to my friend as well; I felt really bad for him, but if he just copied her profile picture onto Google, he'd have found out she was a fake. :erm:
    Yeah it's pretty sad. Happened to a few people I've known. If they won't talk on the phone/go on webcam/make you a sign picture...they're not real.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I think of a white knight, I still imagine a guy with armour and a sword, even though it's now jsut a sterotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    yeah because how dare a guy want to make friends with a female and say hi to them!!! How shocking and awful!

the ones that write little poems and ask you to rate **** pics are a bit strange though...
    There's being a friendly guy and not feeding a girl's ego, then there's being a white knight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    It wold be interesting to hear if any guy has successfully landed any positive female attention through the given technique

"Hey bbz wuu2" *cringe*

Or the new favourite "ey gurll, want sum fuk?".

ReputationRep:
    Well, Beta Males will resort to White-Knight tactics. They're the ones who have the misconception that the nice guys get the girls. I have seen so many good guys fall into the dreaded, inescapable black hole that is the Friend-Zone because of this.

What they take to be flirtation or White-Knight-style chivalry is usually just sycophantic fawning or undeserved adoration that girls subconsciously make use of to enhance their own egos. Plus, people don't value that which they get too easily.

The confidence that girls do respond to usually manifests itself as a douchiness that treats girls as conquests rather than people. That is the stamp of the Alpha.

I'd love for somebody to disagree with me, but ha, this is what I've seen so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MW24595)
    Well, Beta Males will resort to White-Knight tactics. They're the ones who have the misconception that the nice guys get the girls. I have seen so many good guys fall into the dreaded, inescapable black hole that is the Friend-Zone because of this.

What they take to be flirtation or White-Knight-style chivalry is usually just sycophantic fawning or undeserved adoration that girls subconsciously make use of to enhance their own egos. Plus, people don't value that which they get too easily.

The confidence that girls do respond to usually manifests itself as a douchiness that treats girls as conquests rather than people. That is the stamp of the Alpha.

I'd love for somebody to disagree with me, but ha, this is what I've seen so far.

Where did this weird Alpha male thing come from?!
    All of a sudden recently everyone seems to think the law of the Jungle applies to Humans...
    I am, however, detecting a certain amount of satire in your post and I hope I'm not imagining it.

ReputationRep:
    Make way for real men you loser WK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountMancula)
    If you click on a girls profile her wall is usually plastered in comments from desperate guys making stupid comments such as "Hello there ". I can't even begin to imagine what these guys look like in real life.

White knights of peace all over the internet.

Name and shame them please.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got a date from random PMs before.

Although she was the one who sent me the PM, so I guess that's different

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.