The Student Room Group

Hope for small breasted women!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by heirloom
You are wrong. My tits are pretty perky so my bust doesn't really alter with a bra on. Therefore without a bra I don't look flat chested. Plus is there really anything wrong with having a small chest. Do you really need to prevent the flat chested look???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

To be honest I think the whole bra thing has more to do with shape than size (until you go really big), although gravity will always mean that bigger ones are more likely to sag. I'm a DD and it doesn't make a massive difference whether I wear a bra or not unless I roll with cleavagey bras which I am not a massive fan of. It's just to do with perkiness and possibly how far apart they are.
Reply 61
Original post by redferry
I don't think I'd be too fussed, if anything mine are irritating, I certainly wouldn't want them any bigger.

You have to have something there to hold up :s-smilie: There's no holding up to do if you have little to no breast tissue.

Actually with C or D cup your boobs are pretty likely to sag and you won't have much cleavage without a bra. I'm quite lucky as mine aren't saggy at all but a lot of my friends around this size cannot go braless. Anyone with AA-possibly B can go braless and look very elegant, You don't look completely flat chested without a bra.

She must be about an A and she doesn't look flat chested
article-0-18AB8ACE000005DC-873_634x978.jpg
Could do with some nipple tape though

That is such a depressing attitude. Why would you wan't a secret in your relationship about your body like that? I mean its not like some embarrassing deformity or you've had a sex change which I understand why people might hold back on. It's sad that you are that ashamed of your breasts.

I'm talking about women with small rather than no boobs, so they would have something to hold up. Obviously if you actually are flat chested with no breast tissue then you're going to look that way regardless.

The C or D cup estimate was based on them not being saggy, I know not all would be able to. As for the picture I'd say she's more a B which is close to a C and is when I think it depends on what you wear as to whether you look flat chested when braless or not.

I don't really see how it's a depressing attitude. If someone is happier with how they look when they appear to have bigger breasts then what's the problem with them pretending they have to all but their closest friends (ie boyfriend and anybody close to them that they tell)? How is it any different from, say, a woman with grey hairs coming through dying them regularly and pretending she's not getting them?

Original post by heirloom
You are wrong. My tits are pretty perky so my bust doesn't really alter with a bra on. Therefore without a bra I don't look flat chested. Plus is there really anything wrong with having a small chest. Do you really need to prevent the flat chested look???

If you can wear pretty much any item of clothing without a bra and not look flat chested then you are average sized not small, therefore in the group I said could actually get away with going braless.

There's nothing actually wrong in itself with having a small chest in the same way there's nothing actually wrong with having a large one. However as I replied to someone else it's normal for women to have breasts and therefore normal for a woman to not want to look like she doesn't. For women with very small breasts wearing a bra can be the difference between looking small and flat chested.
Reply 62
Errrmmm... so because I happen to be attracted to large breasts, you can discern my attitude to women in general. Ummm... what?

I would take the article with a pinch of salt tbh.
Reply 63
Original post by StacFace
I'm talking about women with small rather than no boobs, so they would have something to hold up. Obviously if you actually are flat chested with no breast tissue then you're going to look that way regardless.

The C or D cup estimate was based on them not being saggy, I know not all would be able to. As for the picture I'd say she's more a B which is close to a C and is when I think it depends on what you wear as to whether you look flat chested when braless or not.

I don't really see how it's a depressing attitude. If someone is happier with how they look when they appear to have bigger breasts then what's the problem with them pretending they have to all but their closest friends (ie boyfriend and anybody close to them that they tell)? How is it any different from, say, a woman with grey hairs coming through dying them regularly and pretending she's not getting them?

Unless you have huge back size or unfortunately saggy breasts you aren't going no need support with an A or B and unless you get some ridiculous push-up bra it isn't going to make all tthat much difference.

Most people I know at a C or D can't not where a bra. It's only me and my friend who is an A who ever do. At a C or D most people have either sag or sideboob.

Well its depressing because breasts are sexual and hair colour generally isn't. Also there is a negative connotation wit ageing that isnt really to do with attractiveness which makes it undesirable, unlike with breast size. Its like men wearing codpeices or stuffing their shirts with fake muscles...

If you can wear pretty much any item of clothing without a bra and not look flat chested then you are average sized not small, therefore in the group I said could actually get away with going braless.

Look your entire argument is based on the fact you are too insecure to go braless because you are worried about appearing flat chested. A lot of people aren't and they have the opportunity to dress really well, and often do.

[Qoute]
There's nothing actually wrong in itself with having a small chest in the same way there's nothing actually wrong with having a large one. However as I replied to someone else it's normal for women to have breasts and therefore normal for a woman to not want to look like she doesn't. For women with very small breasts wearing a bra can be the difference between looking small and flat chested.

So women who are small and happy not to wear a bra aren't 'normal'? :/
Reply 64
Unless you have huge back size or unfortunately saggy breasts you aren't going no need support with an A or B and unless you get some ridiculous push-up bra it isn't going to make all tthat much difference.

Most people I know at a C or D can't not where a bra. It's only me and my friend who is an A who ever do. At a C or D most people have either sag or sideboob.

Well its depressing because breasts are sexual and hair colour generally isn't. Also there is a negative connotation wit ageing that isnt really to do with attractiveness which makes it undesirable, unlike with breast size. Its like men wearing codpeices or stuffing their shirts with fake muscles...

Look your entire argument is based on the fact you are too insecure to go braless because you are worried about appearing flat chested. A lot of people aren't and they have the opportunity to dress really well, and often do.

So women who are small and happy not to wear a bra aren't 'normal'? :/

My argument is based on someone with small breasts being insecure because that's the type of person the comment "at least you can go braless" is aimed at. Whilst points like "at least you won't have problems with sagging" etc might not make the person suddenly glad they have smaller breasts at least they are valid advantages. That is why I said the point was so untrue, because for the people that comment is aimed at it is completely untrue.

You're also contradicting yourself quite a lot. The reason a lot of women with smaller boobs want bigger ones is because there is an 'ideal' they want to be. Just like there's an 'ideal look' of no grey hairs or an 'ideal look' of no sagging. You say it's fine to not look the ideal in terms of small breasts but suddenly people with Cs and Ds can't go braless because they won't have the ideal look of non-sagging.

Hair colour and breast size are both related to appearance and I don't see how things suddenly change just because the focus has switched from a sexual to non-sexual body part. The two examples you've given are completely different. With breast size you can look at a fully-clothed woman and make a guess, as has already been shown with us guessing the picture you posted was of a woman with A/B cup breasts. You can't look at a picture of a fully-clothed man and make an accurate guess as to how many inches he is. If a guy wore a codpiece it would probably be obvious he was doing so, rather than people thinking he's just naturally huge. With the fake muscles that 'look' couldn't be kept up whatever the guy wanted to wear. He'd need to be wearing long-sleeved tops all the time, even in heatwaves and whilst swimming. Therefore both would look ridiculous. With padded bras, however, you can get different styles so can still wear strapless tops, for example, and you can get swimsuits, bikinis and even tankinis too. Therefore you could quite easily have whatever size increase you chose being your 'permanent look'.
Reply 65
Original post by StacFace
My argument is based on someone with small breasts being insecure because that's the type of person the comment "at least you can go braless" is aimed at. Whilst points like "at least you won't have problems with sagging" etc might not make the person suddenly glad they have smaller breasts at least they are valid advantages. That is why I said the point was so untrue, because for the people that comment is aimed at it is completely untrue.

You're also contradicting yourself quite a lot. The reason a lot of women with smaller boobs want bigger ones is because there is an 'ideal' they want to be. Just like there's an 'ideal look' of no grey hairs or an 'ideal look' of no sagging. You say it's fine to not look the ideal in terms of small breasts but suddenly people with Cs and Ds can't go braless because they won't have the ideal look of non-sagging.

Well more men have a preference for small boobs than saggy one's I would imagine. The media ill ALWAYS pick up on celebs boobs looking saggy but you don't often see headlines about how celebs boobs are too small!

Hair colour and breast size are both related to appearance and I don't see how things suddenly change just because the focus has switched from a sexual to non-sexual body part. The two examples you've given are completely different. With breast size you can look at a fully-clothed woman and make a guess, as has already been shown with us guessing the picture you posted was of a woman with A/B cup breasts. You can't look at a picture of a fully-clothed man and make an accurate guess as to how many inches he is. If a guy wore a codpiece it would probably be obvious he was doing so, rather than people thinking he's just naturally huge. With the fake muscles that 'look' couldn't be kept up whatever the guy wanted to wear. He'd need to be wearing long-sleeved tops all the time, even in heatwaves and whilst swimming. Therefore both would look ridiculous. With padded bras, however, you can get different styles so can still wear strapless tops, for example, and you can get swimsuits, bikinis and even tankinis too. Therefore you could quite easily have whatever size increase you chose being your 'permanent look'.

Well you could tell if a man was especially big. Or if he was dressed like David Bowie in Labrynth, although there is definite stuffage going on in that film. Or speedos. Although I guess there are growers and showers. Fine then, it's more like a man padding out his abs + pecs then.
Not a particularly good comparison given that's physical pleasure v visual pleasure. Unless you have a thing for boob smotherage in which case fair do's.

Maybe small muscles v small breasts would be a better comparison.

Lol boob smotherage, that's amazing. But anyway, breast size doesn't really matter to me.
I have A/B cup boobs, and yeah I wish mine were bigger so some of the comments on here from guys reassures me that my size bust can still be attractive :redface:

Hey I said what the article was saying, I don't hold that opinion.
Preferences are preferences and just because a higher percentage of men who like big boobs are mysogynists that doesn't make every man who prefers big boobs a mysogynist!

I really don't understand why you made this thread tbh. It's ridiculous to say guys liking big boobs are sexist, WTF. I like guys with toned arms, does that mean I'm sexist?
Reply 68
Original post by sarahthegemini
I have A/B cup boobs, and yeah I wish mine were bigger so some of the comments on here from guys reassures me that my size bust can still be attractive :redface:

I really don't understand why you made this thread tbh. It's ridiculous to say guys liking big boobs are sexist, WTF. I like guys with toned arms, does that mean I'm sexist?

I didn't say that, I will repeat what I have said before, the article said there is a correlation. That does not mean it is a rule that applies 100% of the time. Correlation also does not equal causation.

You don't study a science subject do you?

I just thought it was interesting.
I didn't say that, I will repeat what I have said before, the article said there is a correlation. That does not mean it is a rule that applies 100% of the time. Correlation also does not equal causation.

You don't study a science subject do you?

I just thought it was interesting.

But surely there could be correlation between any two subjects. And if there is no rule that applies, then why establish that point? (I'm not trying to be arsey, just wondering...)
Reply 70
Good grief, broadcast the emergency news report - You're not saying people could have.... DIFFERENT TASTES?!?!
Reply 71
I like who I like. Generally breast size isn't all that important to me, as long as she looks in proportion. Personality/face/eyes/legs matter more to me than breasts, but I wouldn't turn down a girl with bigger breasts, as they have some plus points.

Daily Mail isn't all that accurate. I think we all know that. Its for the general public that soaks up everything they see without thinking first.

RedFerry, I actually think you are pretty damn inteligent from posts I've read, so I'm sure you know yourself to take these articles with nothing more than a glance, and a laugh.

Everyone is different, and likes different things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
But surely there could be correlation between any two subjects. And if there is no rule that applies, then why establish that point? (I'm not trying to be arsey, just wondering...)

Well there could be, but there generally isn't. Of course some correlations ocurr by chance, but in decent studies (which lets be honest this probably wasn't) the statistical analysis should sort that out for you.
However it isn't a particularly surprising correlation in all honesty, but I think it would be more down to mysogyny causing a preference for big breasts so mysogynists prefer big breasts not people who prefer big breasts are mysogynists. If you see what I mean?
Reply 73
I have small boobs, and it bothers me because I used to have big boobs, then I lost loads of weight and now clothes just look odd on me :frown:
Plus my best friend has big boobs and I can't help but constantly compare how I look in clothes to how she looks in clothes...
Reply 74
I have small boobs and it's never caused me a problem.

I am attracted to girls with smaller boobs (and big boobs too!). I love boobs. The size isn't that important. I suppose in a way that's been quite liberating for me. Because I know I find girls with small boobs attractive, I don't feel self-conscious about my own, as I know other girls/guys will find mine attractive too. Straight girls probably don't see it the same way. They tend to go off what other girls or guys say are attractive (I think).

In my opinion, girls generally think about boob size a lot more than guys do.
Well there could be, but there generally isn't. Of course some correlations ocurr by chance, but in decent studies (which lets be honest this probably wasn't) the statistical analysis should sort that out for you.
However it isn't a particularly surprising correlation in all honesty, but I think it would be more down to mysogyny causing a preference for big breasts so mysogynists prefer big breasts not people who prefer big breasts are mysogynists. If you see what I mean?

Yes I see your point now :smile:
In my experience it's always the 'chavvy' guys who oogle over big boobs. Most intelligent guys don't care either way and put more emphasis on facial features and overall figure than cup size.
Reply 77
Yes I see your point now :smile:

I wish other people would...
Terrible article.

Wouldn't read again.
Reply 79
Original post by Kazbian
I have small boobs and it's never caused me a problem.

I am attracted to girls with smaller boobs (and big boobs too!). I love boobs. The size isn't that important. I suppose in a way that's been quite liberating for me. Because I know I find girls with small boobs attractive, I don't feel self-conscious about my own, as I know other girls/guys will find mine attractive too. Straight girls probably don't see it the same way. They tend to go off what other girls or guys say are attractive (I think).

In my opinion, girls generally think about boob size a lot more than guys do.

Its very true that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending