Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys,

Newbie here with my first post!

So, I'm an International student and I received two conditional offers from Uni of Warwick and Uni of East Anglia. For the former, I received offer for MSc Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions and for the latter it's MA Conflicts in Intercultural Communication.

Right now, I'm really torn between these two unis. I know Warwick has a higher academic ranking than UEA, but the course modules for the course I applied to in UEA are more varied, and so are much more interesting. Should I sacrifice academic reputability to study under a more interesting course at a lesser-ranked university?

Student life is important too. From the looks of things, Warwick seems more expensive than UEA, but they have a lot of activities for students. Not very sure about UEA though. Is the cost of living at Warwick city high compared to Norwich? I'm a Malaysian, does anyone know which uni/city has the more lively Malaysian community? Also, I like to be in a thriving international community because I like meeting people from other cultures, besides learning more about English culture too.

And finally, I think I'll be in a more touristy-mode, so which city has more to offer for tourists? I like my history but that doesn't mean I dislike modernity.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to answer my question!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.