Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    i got a controlled assessment coming up and i need help on it urgently:
    its a creative writing assessment and here are the questions:

first person- my most special moment

third person- write a story about a situation where a person is put into danger or a difficult situation.
    thank you for your time

ReputationRep:
    What do you need help with exactly? Coming up with an idea or something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cartoonwars)
    What do you need help with exactly? Coming up with an idea or something else?
    well yh, give me an example of how i should start it or end it.

or do u know where i can find the criteria for wjec??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cooldude17)
    well yh, give me an example of how i should start it or end it.
    Well for the first person you should talk about something important to you like when you first found a talent of yours or holding a newborn sibling for the first time or even something like your first kiss. Anything that would make the reader say 'aww'. That is the easiest way to get the readers attention and to get them to empathise with you, which would assumably get you to the higher marks as the whole point of creative writing is to engage with your audience. Start by saying what the event or thing is and a brief explanation of why it is special. Then you can go on to explain why it is special in more detail afterwards with description and by writing about what actually happened and anything else that seems necessary.

For the third person option you should choose something that you know a lot about, or enough to be able to describe the setting and emotions easily. It may be something that has happened to you or someone you know but it is a lot easier to write from experience than to make it all up as you go along.
    Start by setting the scene and building the tension before entering any kind of drama. Ending it depends on the story; you could end it happily or sad depending on the effect you want to leave on the audience. It should generally resolve any conflict or problem in your story, although that doesn't mean it has to be happy, only finished.

That is all I can think of for now, so good luck in your controlled assessment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cartoonwars)
    Well for the first person you should talk about something important to you like when you first found a talent of yours or holding a newborn sibling for the first time or even something like your first kiss. Anything that would make the reader say 'aww'. That is the easiest way to get the readers attention and to get them to empathise with you, which would assumably get you to the higher marks as the whole point of creative writing is to engage with your audience. Start by saying what the event or thing is and a brief explanation of why it is special. Then you can go on to explain why it is special in more detail afterwards with description and by writing about what actually happened and anything else that seems necessary.

For the third person option you should choose something that you know a lot about, or enough to be able to describe the setting and emotions easily. It may be something that has happened to you or someone you know but it is a lot easier to write from experience than to make it all up as you go along.
    Start by setting the scene and building the tension before entering any kind of drama. Ending it depends on the story; you could end it happily or sad depending on the effect you want to leave on the audience. It should generally resolve any conflict or problem in your story, although that doesn't mean it has to be happy, only finished.

That is all I can think of for now, so good luck in your controlled assessment!
    ok thx

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.