Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Struggling with Views for Youtube, any tips? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    Yes, and you can connect to us

Haha, your music though is different to mine at least. I'm more of an instrumentalist, so none of my music has singing. Its possible I may use samples, but it won't be my own voice...ever.

Sound Cloud is by far your best bet though, but I don't do enough linking with others. That said, most of my work is Work In Progress, and not finalised.
    I need to rework all my music (especially reverbs)
    I'm really glad to hear from a fellow composer! It is definitely reassuring and I wish you the best of success with your work! I'm getting more and more convinced about sound cloud and it looks like it may well be my best bet. Thank you for the suggestion, and the brief explanation too! It's nice to hear about something new from someone with which one is interacting, rather than from a website. Greatly appreciated and keep up the progress!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, it's really random I think. I once got over 250,000 views on a video I made when I was 14, that was literally just a slideshow of pictures of horses I got off Google set to Gwen Stefani :giggle:. I have no idea how it became so popular - I think I put loads of tags on it and it came up high on the search results for some reason. Anyway, I deleted it after a while because I felt guilty getting all this attention on something that was really unoriginal and not really my own work.

What I would suggest is maybe covering some well known songs so you come up on the search results when people search for that artist. If people have no reason to search for you then it's unlikely people are going to find you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M4Y)
    Hi! It's good to hear from you again! It's true what they say: the truth hurts, but I understand, and really appreciate advice from a different perspective. If it makes you happy, I got rid of every one of my tags, so please don't be mad. I apologise for getting the wrong idea, I just always get wrong impressions when people use taboo. I generally tend to avoid taboo language, but I also understand that it's also part of the modern world, and a popular way of self expression (I'm still learning about psychology, so please bear with me...). I am also very pleased and happy for you that you are doing so well, so I am merely wishing you the best, and good luck in the future. Friends? (since we may have slightly got off on the wrong foot).

I don't entirely understand what you mean by game... I'm a little bit disappointed that this is what most people want from a video (a hot girl in sports gear dancing) but nevertheless, I have taken it into consideration, even though I don't think I'm the kind of person that likes to show a great deal of skin to a vast public. I'm young, but rather old-fashioned. I like the idea of creating a suitable video, but showing my face in public would be a huge step and fear to overcome. To create a cover don't you need to own the copyrights of the artist? I unfortunately can't afford to buy the rights. Also, I never said I was expecting instant success, that's just an assumption. The truth is, I only wanted a view per week, just one view, and I would be happy, but it wasn't even that for me. I know what it takes for people to become famous, so I'm not speculating, or expecting to be liked instantly. I just needed something to help me achieve at least that one view per week. That kick is exactly what I need, but for now, it's forbidden, plus, I know that this song is going to have a video. Once again, thank you for the advice, all aspects (positive or negative) are greatly appreciated from anyone.
    I used that video as a for instance - that in the modern world sex (or sex appeal) sells - im not suggesting you should do it if your not comfortable.

Technically yes you should have permission however its usually slides as long as your not making money from it and only certain companies will come down on it (lucas arts for instance let pretty much everyone rip thier franchise apart however they feel)

You need to have some tags otherwise people will never find your video, lets just your friend stewie mentions your video to his friend brian (yes im watching family guy right now) unless Stewie provides a direct link Brian wont be able to find you video as there are no tags with which he can search for.

I looked at your other videos and theres one a video of a plane taking off with you singing over it - that i did like - its something a little different.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a listen to the song you linked...

As mentioned, if you're going to sing make sure you're not drowned out by the music, because it looks as if you don't know what you're doing.

I'd also either video record yourself playing the music or make a music video for it. There's nothing more boring than watching an image and it looks unprofessional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redpanda41)
    I don't know, it's really random I think. I once got over 250,000 views on a video I made when I was 14, that was literally just a slideshow of pictures of horses I got off Google set to Gwen Stefani :giggle:. I have no idea how it became so popular - I think I put loads of tags on it and it came up high on the search results for some reason. Anyway, I deleted it after a while because I felt guilty getting all this attention on something that was really unoriginal and not really my own work.

What I would suggest is maybe covering some well known songs so you come up on the search results when people search for that artist. If people have no reason to search for you then it's unlikely people are going to find you.
    It must be random... but I am really happy for your success! Covering some well known songs would certainly work a treat... but I don't own copyrights to anything... a studied law and now I really feel like it shouldn't be messed with, especially the if songs belong to powerful, multimillion pound song companies and famous people. If they sue me, the devastation could be immense... Another alternative is to choose a well known song that was composed before copyright was enforced, but for the moment, I can't think or find many that are suitable... Would people watch if I made a video of my hands playing Fur Elise? Luckily the classics generally do not have copyright on them. Thank you for the advice, I will give you reputation as soon as I can for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    I used that video as a for instance - that in the modern world sex (or sex appeal) sells - im not suggesting you should do it if your not comfortable.

Technically yes you should have permission however its usually slides as long as your not making money from it and only certain companies will come down on it (lucas arts for instance let pretty much everyone rip thier franchise apart however they feel)

You need to have some tags otherwise people will never find your video, lets just your friend stewie mentions your video to his friend brian (yes im watching family guy right now) unless Stewie provides a direct link Brian wont be able to find you video as there are no tags with which he can search for.

I looked at your other videos and theres one a video of a plane taking off with you singing over it - that i did like - its something a little different.
    I am really glad you liked something of mine - it's a start! On my other channels, I had many videos, but most of them were about animals and ducks that I have filmed. They were pretty cute, but sadly not many people liked the ducks, so they had to go, which was a shame. I spend a lot of time filming ducks.

I have no idea which tags to use unfortunately... I used to tag flowers and the weather since there isn't much you can tag into songs about wildlife. These tags didn't help much, even though I was quite patient, but it was kind of pointless. So I started again. The ducks went, I changed the tags and I painted a logo with bright colours to attract attention, surprisingly, it worked... but not for long.

The plane video was changed too... the thing is, now that I have uploaded it again, it's out of sync with the words... I need to fix that, but YouTube won't let me upload anything else because upload keeps failing, over and over again. I took people's advice and joined sound cloud, unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing on there and can't seem to find any other people. Uploading sounds to there failed too as multiple songs would not be processed and one song that I did successfully process ended up missing the second half.

I'm glad you are having fun and watching Family guy... personally I have never seen it, but I hear that it's really funny! Once again, thank you for the useful advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    I've had a listen to the song you linked...

As mentioned, if you're going to sing make sure you're not drowned out by the music, because it looks as if you don't know what you're doing.

I'd also either video record yourself playing the music or make a music video for it. There's nothing more boring than watching an image and it looks unprofessional.
    You're absolutely right... but I'm not a professional... yet. I'm still learning and I haven't had much guidance. I know about my problem to drown myself out and I can't fix that with my pre-existing songs as I have lost my midi files, but I do have a song where that isn't an issue and mixing was taken care of properly.

The best thing I could do for a video is record my hands playing the piano, flute or violin, but I can't show my face yet. Until I do find suitably footage, I'm trying out sound cloud where a video is not needed and there is just music, which is certainly going to be my best shot.

Your advice was much appreciated!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.