Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Anyone else starting the art and design foundation year later this year?
    I cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yeah I'll be starting it too
    Are you from Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahkp10)
    Hi! Yeah I'll be starting it too
    Are you from Leicester?
    Yes I can't wait! have you got a conditional or unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just created a Facebook page called 'Creative Arts at DMU' it is just a group basically for people to get to know each a little or tell each other where they're staying etc before they come to De Montfort University, anyone is welcome as long as they're in the 'Creative Arts' section of DMU particularly starting in September 2013, if its easier to get to them here is the link https://www.facebook.com/CreativeArtsAtDmu

ReputationRep:
    Howdy, I'm applying for an Art/Design foundation at DMU (as a late applicant, haha) and I was wondering what kind of things you guys put in your portfolios to get in? I'm a little lost as to where I'm meant to start with application. :P

ReputationRep:
    I put in Life drawings, photos of my clay work, graphics work ,all my AS and A level work and just tried to include a mixed range of media . I did have quite a lot more than the other people there though as I had 2 huge folders and most people had 1

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im in to the course too and am going to be joining in sept 2013
    I am so excited!! Literally cant wait
    Although bit worried about the toilets, but sure it will be fine
    Pop xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppyvenables)
    Hi,
    Im in to the course too and am going to be joining in sept 2013
    I am so excited!! Literally cant wait
    Although bit worried about the toilets, but sure it will be fine
    Pop xx
    Hi
    How are you managing to pay for halls? I want to go into halls too but as far as I am aware there is no bursary or loan for it. ARe you paying through a job or parents helping? Thanks

Also, I can't wait either! Getting pretty sick of A levels now , just want to focus on my art now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosiewalrus)
    Hi
    How are you managing to pay for halls? I want to go into halls too but as far as I am aware there is no bursary or loan for it. ARe you paying through a job or parents helping? Thanks

Also, I can't wait either! Getting pretty sick of A levels now , just want to focus on my art now
    Hi
    Yeah my mum and dad are helping pay for my halls and Internet etc, ill probs have to get a part time job tho in the summer and whilst at uni
    my grandpa also said he would donate £200 towards art supplies etc
    I know what u mean about a-levels although I do art textiles and graphics, although I get what u mean that I want to just get stuck into stuff for uni
    exam leave on may 20th!!! No more 6th form I'm really looking forward to it all!! excited!!
    Have you booked your room yet, if so which room (are all foundation students in new wharf block d or c)(can't remember)
    Pop xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I got an unconditional offer last year and cannot wait to get started and meet everyboy!
    I look forward to meeting you all when we arrive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackbreedon)
    Hey

I got an unconditional offer last year and cannot wait to get started and meet everyboy!
    I look forward to meeting you all when we arrive
    Hi did you get a deferral for this year (starting this aug/sept)
    which flat are you in? (room, floor etc
    Poppy xx (pop)

ReputationRep:
    Hi did you get a deferral for this year (starting this aug/sept)
    which flat are you in? (room, floor etc
    Poppy xx (pop)
    I'm in room 9 on the second floor I believe
    Gonna sound stupid but I actually don't know what a deferral is

Jack

ReputationRep:
    Hey for people getting supplies try artdiscount.co.uk, its so much cheaper than elsewhere!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in room 9 on the second floor I believe
    Gonna sound stupid but I actually don't know what a deferral is

Jack
    oh okay im in room 6 floor 3
    and a deferral is like where you got accepted last year but uve asked to put it back to this year instead if that makes sense
    Pop x

ReputationRep:
    oh okay im in room 6 floor 3
    and a deferral is like where you got accepted last year but uve asked to put it back to this year instead if that makes sense
    Pop x
    Yeah it makes sense just needed that explaining to me but nope only just applied last year (2012 october) and now here I am

Jack

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it makes sense just needed that explaining to me but nope only just applied last year (2012 october) and now here I am

Jack
    Oh haha just realised that I also applied last year around that time hehe,no deferral at all, I am a fool
    Pop x

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha just realised that I also applied last year around that time hehe,no deferral at all, I am a fool
    Pop x
    Something tells me you and me are gonna get a long quite well

Jack

ReputationRep:
    haha it would seem so
    where are u from ?
    Pop

ReputationRep:
    its weird but I am right inbetween Nottinghamshire, Leicstershire and Licolnshire so I go to one place and I'll be in Nottinghamshire but then I walk down to say my local butchers and I'll be in Lincolnshire. Its very weird

What about you?

Jakk

ReputationRep:
    its weird but I am right inbetween Nottinghamshire, Leicstershire and Licolnshire so I go to one place and I'll be in Nottinghamshire but then I walk down to say my local butchers and I'll be in Lincolnshire. Its very weird

What about you?

Jakk
    Haha, oddly I'm in a similar situation, my house is right on the boarder of Worcestershire and Warwickshire :O I just have to walk to the other side of my house to e in a different county very weird
    whatsubjects do you do at a level ?
    Pop x

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.