Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Paramore's new direction Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like most bands after a few years, Paramore seem to be shaking up their sound a little bit.

Compare this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHIpDcZvB0

to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjZsuCKI-Uw

What do you all think of their new sound? Personally, I think it's hit and miss. Another of their songs, "Now", was pretty good, but I'm not sure about this "Still Into You" song, which is pretty poppy in comparison to their usual sound.

But that's just my opinion. What's yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razzamoly)
    Like most bands after a few years, Paramore seem to be shaking up their sound a little bit.

What do you all think of their new sound? Personally, I think it's hit and miss. Another of their songs, "Now", was pretty good, but I can't seem to get into this "Still Into You" song, which is pretty poppy in comparison to their usual sound and fine tuned for the Top 40 listeners.

I used to really really really love them. Maybe it's just because I am older now... but I find it much harder to really love their songs like I did with Riot! They've changed so much. I don't like now or still into you

ReputationRep:
    Not liking it at all to be honest, it's good, but what Paramore had before was GREAT. It's sad but I think their best albums have come and gone. :/ But I'm grateful for the music they've already given us, I still listen to it atleast weekly.

ReputationRep:
    I love their old stuff, and I really liked Now but not sure on that one. It might grow on me

ReputationRep:
    Paramore has disappointed me. I tried staying with them even after the Farro brothers left but they are going no where with what they have. This new album is utter crap. I stopped at Monster, heard 'Now' once and never again. I have every song and single from AWKIF, Riot!, Final Riot! and Brand new eyes and that is about it. I love Paramore, the paramore I fell in love with, not this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razzamoly)

What do you all think of their new sound? Personally, I think it's hit and miss. Another of their songs, "Now", was pretty good, but I'm not sure about this "Still Into You" song, which is pretty poppy in comparison to their usual sound.

I've been a fan of Paramore for 5 years now and yes the songs on the new album so far aren't like R!OT, but lets remember that R!OT came out 6 years ago. They've matured now and have other messages to say! I cried when I first heard 'Now' and I think it's a great song! 'Still Into You' is such a great and happy song and in my opinion it is great that they're releasing songs that have a different tune and rhythm...it's just a new direction and I love it, personally! :P

ReputationRep:
    I do miss Paramore's old music I must say. Their old songs had meaning and actually very catchy. They have lost it a bit though and the new sound they have went for is dry and already common in the industry of music. It is very sad but they are just past it now.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the first 2 albums and Brand New Eyes was good, some song on there weren't that good, then came along Monster, in the mourning etc and they were good. I really like Now but this new one isn't as good, It might grow on me but it certainly isn't their best.

ReputationRep:
    It's like Linkin Park tbh, they were flipping awesome back then but now... they've just lost their touch

ReputationRep:
    I love paramore's old songs but I stopped listening to their new stuff when brand new eyes came out, they seem to be going in a very different direction to their original style. I really liked the energy in their old music but they seem to have lost it now. I don't think there new stuff is bad but it isn't as good as I would expect from them.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel that Hayley maybe doesn't have the energy/ can't be bothered to do rock music anymore? I used to really like them but the songs they've put out since reforming as such have been a bit of a let down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still finding Paramore's new songs as good as their previous works. Yes they may be different but don't forget, this is the first album after losing two of their founding members so of course they're going to have a different sound. Personally I think Hayley's done very well to keep Paramore going!

ReputationRep:
    Paramore are my favourite band and I've loved every single one of their songs until this new album. Listened to it all and I like about 12/17 songs - the interludes are a bit weird. Their old stuff is definitely better but I love them too much to just stop listening and hate them for their change in style.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.