The Student Room Group

Warwick or East Anglia?

Hey there guys,

Newbie here with my first post!
(Well, actually this was posted somewhere else in the website but there were no responses and I'm kinda desperate for answers. So, my apologies)

I'm an International student and I received two conditional offers from Uni of Warwick and Uni of East Anglia. For the former, I received offer for MSc Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions and for the latter it's MA Conflicts in Intercultural Communication.

Right now, I'm really torn between these two unis. I know Warwick has a higher academic ranking than UEA, but the course modules for the course I applied to in UEA are more varied, and so are much more interesting. Should I sacrifice academic reputability to study under a more interesting course at a lesser-ranked university?

Student life is important too. From the looks of things, Warwick seems more expensive than UEA, but they have a lot of activities for students. Not very sure about UEA though. Is the cost of living at Warwick city high compared to Norwich? I'm a Malaysian, does anyone know which uni/city has the more lively Malaysian community? Also, I like to be in a thriving international community because I like meeting people from other cultures, besides learning more about English culture too.

And finally, I think I'll be in a more touristy-mode, so which city has more to offer for tourists? I like my history but that doesn't mean I dislike modernity.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to answer my question!
I would personally go for Warick, in the long run, it would be far, far far more benefitial ! No matter where you go, you'll be happy with the student life (belive it or not), once you throw yourself into student societies/life and the parties or academic clubs, you'll have a really really good student experience!
As for tourist-stuff, that's no issue either as you can always travel around the UK by coach/train and see different places if that's what you're in to. I dont know about East Anglia, but ive heard Warick is quite pretty/nice town.

I hope the above advice is somewhat useful :/ but I would honestly say Warick (personally). BUT, if you really really prefer the course at UEA (to the point where you feel you may be unhappy at Warick), then i would consider going UEA over Warick.

Hope this advice was somewhat useful :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending