Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

"Any vaguely ok looking girl has at least a few guys chasing after her" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    I wouldn't say it to someone who I didn't think was pretty

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if your best friend came up to you almost crying, saying that no boys find her attractive, and she must be ugly, you'd just say "yeah, you are to be honest"?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say vaguely okay looking
    Vaguely okay looking, as well as being extrovert is more like it
    Or just good looking

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that's definitely not true. Not to seem arrogant, but I've been told that I'm quite good looking by some of my friends (who are girls), and I've never had a boyfriend, or even come close to having one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's be honest, and I'm really not trying to be the devil's advocate here, but do you really expect your girl friends to call you ugly or average? Female friends always regard their other friends as "quite good looking" even if they're not. TAKE NOTE, this doesn't mean you're not good looking, I'm just saying using what your friends say about you isn't the most reliable argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Change " any vaguely ok looking girl" to "any pretty girl" and I would agree.

Someone said to me once, "every boy/girl has at least one girl/boy who fancies him/her, but in most cases he/she doesn't know it and she/he is too scared to say".
    I'd say that's more true, but I bet no boys on here would agree. :indiff:
    maybe it's equal for boys and girls? I'd say that statement would apply to girls as well

(Original post by McFlury)
    maybe it's equal for boys and girls? I'd say that statement would apply to girls as well
    Possibly. When I was in year 7, my form was doing those list things (put the girls/boys in order of how much you like them/attractiveness) and I was at the bottom of every single one I heard about. So I was convinced nobody liked me. Plus I was shy, didn't talk to any of the boys, and wasn't pretty.

I found out four years later that at least two boys in my class back then really fancied me. :eek: I never would have believed it then, so, who knows.

So yeah. I hope you're right. I feel better about myself if I imagine there's a random boy in my year who might fancy me.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. When I was in year 7, my form was doing those list things (put the girls/boys in order of how much you like them/attractiveness) and I was at the bottom of every single one I heard about. So I was convinced nobody liked me. Plus I was shy, didn't talk to any of the boys, and wasn't pretty.
    WOW, I can't believe your school thought that was a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly I must be severely deformed.

This does not apply to girls in all-girls schools. I would very much like a boyfriend, but it's not happening at the moment. Tbh, because je joue pour les deux équipes, I have worse problems with being in a school full of girls than the lack of boys

ReputationRep:

I found out four years later that at least two boys in my class back then really fancied me. :eek: I never would have believed it then, so, who knows.

So yeah. I hope you're right. I feel better about myself if I imagine there's a random boy in my year who might fancy me.
    Rofl! Same thing happened to me in year 7. I've gotten a bit better looking though. And nobody is 'attractive' when they're at that age. Don't take it to heart. I'm sure more people fancy you than you know about anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn, guess I don't even meet the standard of 'vaguely ok looking'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    Damn, guess I don't even meet the standard of 'vaguely ok looking'
    The point is that a lot of guys are shy and do not show it, just like you might not show it if there was a boy you liked.

ReputationRep:
    Your statement is false OP.
    Change it to any "good / great looking girls" cos in my school every boy fancies this one girl even though there are a lot of other girls who are above average.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that's definitely not true. Not to seem arrogant, but I've been told that I'm quite good looking by some of my friends (who are girls), and I've never had a boyfriend, or even come close to having one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do I know you?

ReputationRep:
    What op is saying is true to an extent. Girls no matter how attractive or unattractive they will have guys after them if they are in social environments. Guys on the other hand don't get **** all.

ReputationRep:
    "Any vaguely ok looking girl has at least a few guys chasing after her"

that basically read to me as, "those girls are way out of my league, so i may as well not even try to chase them, and will instead try to belittle them and the guys who are after the, to feel better about myself"

ReputationRep:
    Someone's annoyed that the girls they like give them no attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    Faaaaaantastic. So now I'm not even "vaguely OK looking".

:unimpressed:
    Where in this post has anyone indirectly referred to you? stop drawing attention to yourself.

(Original post by edithwashere)
    Trying to build up your neg rep?
    If you dont have anything productive to contribute kick out of here.

(Original post by MancBoy)
    What op is saying is true to an extent. Girls no matter how attractive or unattractive they are will have guys after them if they are in social environments. Guys on the other hand don't get **** all.
    The amount of females that get it in their heads that theyre too hot for words when a couple of boys talk to them is absolutely ridiculous, puts boys off approaching them.

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks, that makes me feel totally fantastic!!

ReputationRep:
    Although I must admit I agree on the ego thing there are girls who think you like them when you don't. In other words they think every guy that talks to them likes them, because of the quantity on men hitting on them. Even average looking girls have demonstrated this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    Faaaaaantastic. So now I'm not even "vaguely OK looking".

:unimpressed:
    No. Never that. Who knows? You could have tons of secret admirers out there. Not everyone knows all the guys that like and want them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We can't help it if guys are more desperate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.