Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a complicated question, but if anyone can shed any light on this then it would be much appreciated.

Basically, I am currently studying for a BPS accredited Psychology degree in the UK. However, once graduating I am going to be moving out to America to live and work (my partner is a US citizen). My problem is that I was hoping to pursue a career in clinical Psychology and to become a registered clinical psychologist in America I would have to be APA accredited as far as I know. From what I have read it doesn't appear that it is possible to have a changeover from the BPS accreditation to APA accreditation. Does anyone know anything about this process? If I were to do a masters degree in America would this be sufficient, or would it require the undergraduate degree from an APA accredited course to even get on to that type of postgraduate study? (I know it takes more than just the degree to get onto these types of courses and to get into clinical psychology)

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly my dilemma at the moment. Did you ever find out if it was possible?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but I think you can get into master even if your undergrad degree is not accredited by APA. As long as you have fulfilled US basic grad requirements (e.g. GRE and letters of recommendation etc) you will be fine!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.