Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How to roll my R's? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to be learning Croatian but there's a major setback: I can't roll my R's. It's driving me insane because I'm able to roll my R's in "zdravo" for about a half a second but that's it. I keep trying to roll my R's but I just can't do it. I actually managed to roll my R's for a couple of seconds at one point but I don't know how I did it...

Can someone please help me?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same trouble with rolling R's for Spanish. To help me roll my R's properly I search for videos on Youtube of people doing it and keep on practicing!

ReputationRep:
    There's a trick used by speech therapists to help little children to correct their speaking problems, which consists in putting something sweet like jelly powder mix in the palad so they know where to put their tongue. I suggest practicing, watching videos and recording yourself to see how you progress. Look at yourself in the mirror as you roll your R to see how you're doing.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    While you're still learning to roll your Rs, it's sometimes easy to focus on tapping your tongue once on your palette - it gives you a harsher "R" sound (very good for Spanish) without requiring a rolled R

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.