The Student Room Group

Does he see me as something more

We've only been able to message each other online, but I know him pretty well and he is very legit. We've known each other 3 months now. He's a year younger than me (he's 21), very happy, down to earth person, quite shy and nerdy, very supportive of whatever I do, very understanding and never flirts with me. And I don't either if I like someone, I just act like myself. So it's because we both share this same quality that I feel it's difficult to tell directly of an interest.

But I have noticed certain things that could be pointing to something. He never ignores my emails, unlike almost every guy I've known. Though it may take him a week at most, I can always trust him to reply back and always so with enthusiasm. He'd always ask me about how I was doing, would want me to share some of my study experiences. We originally met on a penpal site (he has many friends on it), and for my convenience I asked if e-mail was possible. I'd be the only contact he'd have to email, so basically he does have to go out of the way to keep in touch. And he always says, "speak soon! =D" at the end of his e-mails.

So what do you'll think?
Reply 1
It's really hard to tell I'm afraid. Some people are just genuinely enthusiastic about talking to people, others might show an interest in this way. The best thing you can do, as you know this person a lot better than any of us likely will, is trust your gut instinct, and maybe drop a few hints, maybe mention meeting up (Be very careful with this, we all know the dangers of meeting people online - public location, safety, etc...), as if it is going to go somewhere, that may well be a little necessary! Even if it doesn't turn out that he's interested, at least you've got a caring friend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending