Anyone else watching?

ReputationRep:
    Of course!

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for David Brent!

ReputationRep:
    Simon Cowell marries himself. Well obviously

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else inspired to help out with charity work by watching Red Nose Day?

Wasn't really surprised that Jessie J shaved her hair off but boy does she look different! And I thought that Simon Cowell marrying himself after David Walliams, Dermott O'leary and Louis Walsh all throw themselves at him, was brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Jessie J kinda annoys me. What did shaving her head have to do with Comic Relief? Just seems to me like an attention-seeking thing to do, getting more publicity for herself.

ReputationRep:
    I am finding the Peter Kaye bit rather offensive

Is it meant to be funny

Why is he taking the pee out of celebrities who have done endurance tasks

ReputationRep:
    Dame Edna was amazing. Eastenders was weirdly creepy. Byanka!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure I understood the Eastenders sketch? Not finding the Peter Kay thing funny either :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    I am finding the Peter Kaye bit rather offensive

Is it meant to be funny

Why is he taking the pee out of celebrities who have done endurance tasks
    I agree, sometimes he's funny, but I think he's just tried too hard and I reckon it's probably offended quite a lot of people..
    I admire everyone who's doing stuff to raise money, but I don't think you need to take the **** out of people to do it :rolleyes:
    As I said before though, I think it's awesome how much people have done/raised, very inspiring

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlehobbit)
    Not entirely sure I understood the Eastenders sketch? Not finding the Peter Kay thing funny either :confused:
    I didn't find it funny either. All the clips break my heart - I spent 2 weeks in Kenya last month with school and we did quite a bit of volunteer work. It is making me desperate to go back and do more!

ReputationRep:
    The cyber bullying thing is awful, reaching for the tissues right now. That poor boy and his family

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaah. I honestly don't understand the Peter Kay sketch. It seemed rather offensive and sorry, but his wife isn't actually a muslim is she? Because if she isn't, then I think thats quite offensive to all those muslims out there, right?
    But the Masterchef was good. Jaaaaackkk Whitehaaaall<3

ReputationRep:
    I love Smithy xD I wanna see Will Ferrel!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is Comic Relief, right?

I'm waiting for the funny bits, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    The cyber bullying thing is awful, reaching for the tissues right now. That poor boy and his family
    Got to me too, so sad. I hope through TSR we can help others in his situation and help stop bullies online.

ReputationRep:
    Prefer Children In Need. Charity begins at home and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Prefer Children In Need. Charity begins at home and all that.
    Tbf, Comic Relief is 50/50 at home/abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Tbf, Comic Relief is 50/50 at home/abroad.
    Have they told the presenters that?

It does seem very

AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA Oh yeah there's some bad stuff happening in Britain too AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA

ReputationRep:
    I wondered about the Peter Kay sketch too. What was it about the muslim with the head scarf? I also didn't find Smithy's little thing very good either. To be honest, I sat there thinking "...is he trying to be funny? It sounds quite bad to me"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.