Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apt9)
    Hi, how accurate is this description (below) of Passfield? Someone posted it in another thread and I was wondering if you agree with it

That description really is unsettling especially since its my first preference :[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apt9)
    (Original post by yunos95)
    Had to make a new account because I was locked out of my old one for some reason. It's easy to get concerned about this sort of stuff, but all I can say is that PF is not a 'sh*thole' despite what one person on an internet forum might claim. The chef is a bit strict, but otherwise okay; there was one incident of a mouse spotted in the corridor and dining area of canteen, the issue was reported to reception, pest control came in, and it hasn't been seen since; there a leak from a sink on the third floor, but it really wasn't a big deal.
    I have an idea of who posted this complaint - he's a really nice guy but just complains a lot (as everyone in halls knows).

I'm having a great time at Passfield. It's a really lovely hall full of some amazing people. It's the reason Passfield was ranked the second best undergraduate hall in the student satisfactory survey. See: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSESe...ResultsPPT.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I remember hearing about a mouse being spotted once, but the last thing I heard was that pest control quickly got rid of it... Sounds like an exaggeration to me - no one I know has complained about any similar experiences. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
    http://www2.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSESe...ResultsPPT.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesCAN1)
    Had to make a new account because I was locked out of my old one for some reason. It's easy to get concerned about this sort of stuff, but all I can say is that PF is not a 'sh*thole' despite what one person on an internet forum might claim. The chef is a bit strict, but otherwise okay; there was one incident of a mouse spotted in the corridor and dining area of canteen, the issue was reported to reception, pest control came in, and it hasn't been seen since; there a leak from a sink on the third floor, but it really wasn't a big deal.
    I have an idea of who posted this complaint - he's a really nice guy but just complains a lot (as everyone in halls knows).

I'm having a great time at Passfield. It's a really lovely hall full of some amazing people. It's the reason Passfield was ranked the second best undergraduate hall in the student satisfactory survey. See: http://www2.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSESe...ResultsPPT.pdf
    (Original post by londonsky)
    I remember hearing about a mouse being spotted once, but the last thing I heard was that pest control quickly got rid of it... Sounds like an exaggeration to me - no one I know has complained about any similar experiences.
    Thanks for the responses guys, reassuring to hear as I went for Passfield as my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Felt obliged to drop a comment and let you guys know passfield is a great place.
    I originally got assigned here because I opted for the cheapest option and the triples here fitted that criteria but after moving in I couldn't imagine being elsewhere.
    I'll leave a few of the reasons I'd say to come to passfield and make a few comments on other halls.

It's medium size so you feel more at home than a hotel.
    We have a good history of an active committee that has a huge impact on what happens inside the hall. I've heard of a nonexistent committee at bankside which goes a long way for socials. Rosebery and CS rival in this respect but I can add that passfield and Rosebery do team up to put some great events together.
    The location is 2nd to non. I use the ucl library and gym out of pure convenience. It's brisk 15minute walk to campus or a 6 minute Barclays bike dash if you dare and nights out are 7 times out of 10 within walking distance.

To add the building is beautiful and we have a huge garden. There is a pool table, a table tennis table and a fussball table, as well as 2 TVs and a PS3 making the common area an awesome place to chill out and avoid studying. We do also use our dining hall as a chill out study area for those wanting to escape the confinements of their room.

Any questions just drop me an inbox and I'll be happy to reply

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.