Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

So I just put my measurements into a bra size calculator... (I'm a guy btw)) Watch

..just out of boredom/curiosity, and it told me that I'm a 40 C, which is a little bit disconcerting. My measurements were 92-103-97 if that gives any insight. Now I know that this calculator thing designed for women, not men, but I am only just a little overweight (BMI 26) so should it really be recommending a C cup for a man?!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, that calculator is wrong even for women's bra sizes haha - 92cm is just over 36" so if 92cm is where the 'underbust' measurement would be then that'd usually mean a 36 band would be suitable. If that's the (bigger) 'bust' measurement then the band is likely to be even smaller. But anyway...a calculator giving you a C cup generally means there's around a 3" inches difference (depending on the calculator you used) between your underbust/bust measurements. I'm not quite sure where you would've measured, being a male (presumably) without boobs so I don't know how realistic that is lol.

(Original post by Kate.)
    Firstly, that calculator is wrong even for women's bra sizes haha - 92cm is just over 36" so if 92cm is where the 'underbust' measurement would be then that'd usually mean a 36 band would be suitable. If that's the (bigger) 'bust' measurement then the band is likely to be even smaller. But anyway...a calculator giving you a C cup generally means there's around a 3" inches difference (depending on the calculator you used) between your underbust/bust measurements. I'm not quite sure where you would've measured, being a male (presumably) without boobs so I don't know how realistic that is lol.
    So as there's 11cm difference between my 'underbust' and my 'bust' (92cm & 103cm) a C cup is actually right then? I have a bit of man boobage due to being slightly overweight Still discovering that I'm a C cup is somewhat disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So as there's 11cm difference between my 'underbust' and my 'bust' (92cm & 103cm) a C cup is actually right then? I have a bit of man boobage due to being slightly overweight Still discovering that I'm a C cup is somewhat disturbing.
    Haha, I wouldn't stress about it. I wouldn't think it's at all uncommon for a lot of guys to have a couple of inches different between their 'underbust' and 'bust' - generally male chests will be a bit wider around nipple height, and obviously guys with larger chest muscles/pecs will have an even bigger difference. Doesn't mean you need a bra!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.