Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Revising previous chapters whilst keeping up in class? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently struggling with balancing revising previous chapters whilst keeping up in the current chapter we're learning about in class. My teachers have started to be more strict with us due to poor January results so we're constantly tested and put on the spot in class, something which I dread. So I've been having to do a lot of work on things we're currently learning about in order to be able to complete the tests and answer questions on the spot. But consequently I'm neglecting previous chapters.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and physics at A2 so they're quite demanding. I'm not sure whether to focus solely on what we're currently learning about in order to fully understand it all completely or divide my time between current and previous chapters.

What do you guys do?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! This is the exact samee situation with me! Apart from the subjects LOL, i'm taking History, English, Sociology and Politics. I find the situation you wrote about for History and it's extremely frustrating. I mean i understand the teacher has to go through.the content but i hate when they give us exam questions on the stuff, i mean we haven't revised the content yet so ofcourse were not going to get the best marks. Sorry, i just realised i'm complaining and not really helping.. I feel for you though! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    I'm currently struggling with balancing revising previous chapters whilst keeping up in the current chapter we're learning about in class. My teachers have started to be more strict with us due to poor January results so we're constantly tested and put on the spot in class, something which I dread. So I've been having to do a lot of work on things we're currently learning about in order to be able to complete the tests and answer questions on the spot. But consequently I'm neglecting previous chapters.

I'm doing biology, chemistry and physics at A2 so they're quite demanding. I'm not sure whether to focus solely on what we're currently learning about in order to fully understand it all completely or divide my time between current and previous chapters.

What do you guys do?
    This is a tough one, whilst I was doing my A-levels I had the same dilemma and I realised half way through the year that I should have been 'keeping up' with content. I think at this point during your a-levels it is OK to not study previous chapters and keep going with what you are currently learning - so long as you are using your time as efficiently as possible. There will be plenty of time at the end of the year to revise previous chapters before exams as well as cover all the content taught. Therefore, I wouldn't panic too much about the previous work. A-levels are not designed to be overwhelming, there will be time for everything I assure you!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.