Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Best Way to Achieve High A/A* Grade in A-Level Maths and Physics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i am currently struggling finding the best way to revise these subjects

thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, definitely by practicing examples over and over. Boring I know, but extremely valuable.

Books like this one (for physics):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations...3387873&sr=8-3

are really great, they have the answers in the back for you to test your answers and many reviews write things like 'buy these if you want an A*!'. Just look up these kind of books on amazon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heroi)
    Definitely, definitely by practicing examples over and over. Boring I know, but extremely valuable.

Books like this one (for physics):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations...3387873&sr=8-3

are really great, they have the answers in the back for you to test your answers and many reviews write things like 'buy these if you want an A*!'. Just look up these kind of books on amazon.
    THANKS for this post. I'm getting this book as well!

ReputationRep:
    Get to know the formulas even if you are given them in the exam. Just because it is in the formula book, you need to know what everything stands for and you need to be familiar with which equation is best suited to the scenario, you can only know this by knowing them properly.

Knowing them will also save you lots of time considering the formula books generally are filled with a tonne of useless equations for your situation.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    With maths, just do past paper after past paper, over and over again. The questions are similar each year so you should get good at them pretty quickly. Do every paper available to you and possibly even ask your maths teacher for extra exam questions if you run out. Soloman papers are also quite helpful.

For Physics, it depends a bit more on your learning style, but I would read through the textbook and make notes on everything, then do past papers after that.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.