Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi im currently in year 12 and thinking of doing a physics degree (or chemistry)

Im doing AS-level in physics, chemistry and biology predicted ABB

Do all universities cover things like Schrodinger equation, Electrodynamics, thermodynamics and solid states? Its just most of the courses I have looked at at different uni's seem to either call their modules different names or don't mention them at all so its a bit confusing on what they contain

The other things is the maths, I only achieved a C at GCSE and only did foundation so couldn't do it at A-level. I'm currently teaching myself higher maths and going to sit the exam in November (as I wont have any other exams then) and hopefully get an A. I would be applying to a foundation year in physics and was wondering how hard is the maths going to be? Do you think I would be able to cope with the difficulty of it on the foundation year and on the degree itself? I would want to achieve a 2:1 at the end of the degree.

thakns for reading and any help you give
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.