Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi im currently in year 12 and thinking of doing a physics degree (or chemistry)

Im doing AS-level in physics, chemistry and biology predicted ABB

Do all universities cover things like Schrodinger equation, Electrodynamics, thermodynamics and solid states? Its just most of the courses I have looked at at different uni's seem to either call their modules different names or don't mention them at all so its a bit confusing on what they contain

The other things is the maths, I only achieved a C at GCSE and only did foundation so couldn't do it at A-level. I'm currently teaching myself higher maths and going to sit the exam in November (as I wont have any other exams then) and hopefully get an A. I would be applying to a foundation year in physics and was wondering how hard is the maths going to be? Do you think I would be able to cope with the difficulty of it on the foundation year and on the degree itself? I would want to achieve a 2:1 at the end of the degree.

thakns for reading and any help you give

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.