Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

(Original post by Steevee)
    Ahh, I see. Perhaps then suggest to them a different way of smoking? Ask them if they could afford to invest in a pipe, or a cheap vape, both of which will help a lot with the smell, a Vapouriser would all but eradicate it.

Do you really want to go to the police for something like this, aside from the smell it's pretty harmless, do these guys really deserve a possible criminal record for this?
    I'm not intending on going to the police about it, I was just curious as to whether they would take it seriously is all.

I'll ask about the Vapouriser, although to be honest they're pretty broke/inconsiderate (I think due to being naive more than anything) so I'm not sure if they'd actually buy one, but thanks for the suggestion .

(Original post by blue n white army)
    inform them of the benefits of hotboxing a room
    What is hotboxing?

ReputationRep:
    If you're that bothered by it just give harmless threat, like i'll grass you up if you carry on

ReputationRep:
    How can they afford that sort of extravagance in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not intending on going to the police about it, I was just curious as to whether they would take it seriously is all.

I'll ask about the Vapouriser, although to be honest they're pretty broke/inconsiderate (I think due to being naive more than anything) so I'm not sure if they'd actually buy one, but thanks for the suggestion .
    Ok

Well, you can get a pretty decent Vape for £150, cheap ones from about £40. Just make sure you mention to them you essentially almost double the amount of THC you get compared to smoking a joint, so if they're constant smokers, it'll work out worth it over a period of time

(Original post by scrotgrot)
    How can they afford that sort of extravagance in London?
    I think that their parents give them money.

(Original post by myah_94)
    If you're that bothered by it just give harmless threat, like i'll grass you up if you carry on
    haha 'grass', so relevant to the thread . I have felt like doing this, but I'm not sure if it'll improve relations in the house.

ReputationRep:
    Tell if they have any problems with drugs to talk to FRANK.

(Original post by Steevee)
    Ok

Well, you can get a pretty decent Vape for £150, cheap ones from about £40. Just make sure you mention to them you essentially almost double the amount of THC you get compared to smoking a joint, so if they're constant smokers, it'll work out worth it over a period of time
    I'll let them know . I don't even know if they're regular smokers. I've lived with them for a month and basically whenever I've come into the house it's smelt, but I'm not sure if it's because they're young and living away from home for the first time, and maybe after a while it'll calm down?

ReputationRep:
    I live in London and I flat share to make it more affordable. Basically, I share with two guys and all they seem to do is smoke weed. They didn't smoke at first so I was happy to live with them, but they don't seem to have jobs and spend most of their time indoors smoking weed, which is making the whole house smell.

To be honest I don't really mind what they do, but the smell wafts around the whole flat and even into my room. I work in quite a professional workplace and I don't want to be going to work with my clothes etc smelling of weed, as it's quite pungent.

What do I do? I've tried talking to them about it but they're still smoking it. At the moment I've been keeping my windows open but it has meant that I've had to sleep when it's been -2 outside so it isn't a very long term solution!
    there is a liquid you can get that totally kills any trace of weed smell. A few years back my parents went on holiday so I got baked in their house all the time they were away, and my friend had a little spray bottle of this beige liquid and with just a few sprays you couldn't smell **** - my parents had no idea. I don't know what it was called as the spray bottle was just transparent with no label on, but this stuff definitely exists and it really works. google it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll let them know . I don't even know if they're regular smokers. I've lived with them for a month and basically whenever I've come into the house it's smelt, but I'm not sure if it's because they're young and living away from home for the first time, and maybe after a while it'll calm down?
    Hmm, could be

Hope you manage to get things sorted

ReputationRep:
    Notify the landlord. Or if you're the owner of the flat then they should at least have the respect to smoke outside. Take charge. Talk to them again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is hotboxing?

You completely seal the room off by covering up gaps at the top and bottom of the door, close the window jsut make sure no air can get out, the room then fills with weed, once they're done they just crack a window and chillax.

ReputationRep:
    haha 'grass', so relevant to the thread . I have felt like doing this, but I'm not sure if it'll improve relations in the house.
    How are relations in the house now?

I'd probably try to negotiate around the issue if I were otherwise friendly with them, but if there's already animosity over the issue you may as well just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fusionary)
    i think people have completely missed the fact that "weed" is illegal. Bring their asses to the police who will deal with them accordingly.
    oh no, marijuana!!!

ReputationRep:
    If the OP joined in then maybe he wouldn't care so much

I obviously don't condone drugs at all though so never do that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I really, really hate to say this, but there doesn't seem to be a long term solution to completely eradicate this problem other than to move away from them. Let's face it, you can never change other people. They may stop, for a day or two, then they may go back to it simply because they can. They sound inconsiderate and not the type of people you want to live with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    oh no, marijuana!!!
    Get lost, lefty.

Drugs are bad but I agree the gov't has no say.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just move out?

ReputationRep:
    That's out of order. And even if use air fresheners and whatnot, I doubt that it'd totally mask the weed smell, it'd probably smell like an odd mixture of air freshner and weed.

Anyway, why are they smoking weed all over the house? Imagine someone decides to visit your flat one day, or if the landlord pays a visit, what would they do? What they're doing is inconsiderate as well as careless and stupid as ****.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.