Turn on thread page Beta

Accommodation costs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Jesus! You do your research, don't you? Yes, you're right, although I didn't board (stupid 45 minute bus journey with all the crappy first years when I was U6th :mad: ). Most of it is quite pretty but yeah, nothing too striking. You probably met evil Nicci, she probably flirted with you, and then you left. Good.

I think that Tenerife is going to have to be the last time I went away with them. Unfortunately this might leave my sis at somewhat of a loose end, but she'll survive. Don't go there, it's really not worth it. Go to Acapulco instead :cool: if you must go to a beach resort. I have no idea where I was conceived, nor do I wish to know.

Anyway, I should be going to bed, so night everyone!

Not really. I just have a good picture of where the schools I have played rugby against are in my mind. You see people can slate rugby all you want, but you become rather good at geography

lol, evil Nicci. Well actually there was this girl, one of my mates got off with someone called Nicci after the game... Only kidding.

My point exactly, when looking up holidays one year, someone suggested Tenerife. My mum just said 'oh, you were conceived there'. i was like, um, er, thanks I really wanted to know that.

I shall go to bed soon too, I will have to listen to the last part of 'Finding Nemo' though. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I see you ahve negative rep. I shall amend that tommorrow, your a nice chap.
    I try, but sometimes I just can't help it.

the neg rep was some looser in feb for some totally innocuous post about public schools. :rolleyes:

Anyway I was quite enjoying the little grey thing, more interesting than the generic green gems you see everywhere nowadays....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    I try, but sometimes I just can't help it.

the neg rep was some looser in feb for some totally innocuous post about public schools. :rolleyes:

Anyway I was quite enjoying the little grey thing, more interesting than the generic green gems you see everywhere nowadays....
    So do you want it our not?

ReputationRep:
    So do you want it our not?
    Up to you: you're dishing it out. Not a lot I can do on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I just have a good picture of where the schools I have played rugby against are in my mind. You see people can slate rugby all you want, but you become rather good at geography

lol, evil Nicci. Well actually there was this girl, one of my mates got off with someone called Nicci after the game... Only kidding.

I shall go to bed soon too, I will have to listen to the last part of 'Finding Nemo' though. *sigh*
    I don't slate rugby! I just slate you for talking about it almost as much as you talk about school Our knowledge of Geography was not vastly improved by all the away matches we had to go to. The most memorable occasion is when we went to play Ratcliffe (I think...not quite sure) and my friends reliably informed everyone that we were practically in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Finding Nemo rules! I haven't watched it properly yet, but my supervisor's daughter was watching it in our supervision the other week, and I kept getting distracted by it

Winorloose - if you don't want it, I'll have it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't slate rugby! I just slate you for talking about it almost as much as you talk about school Our knowledge of Geography was not vastly improved by all the away matches we had to go to. The most memorable occasion is when we went to play Ratcliffe (I think...not quite sure) and my friends reliably informed everyone that we were practically in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Finding Nemo rules! I haven't watched it properly yet, but my supervisor's daughter was watching it in our supervision the other week, and I kept getting distracted by it

Winorloose - if you don't want it, I'll have it!
    You are welcome to it. Since the whole rep thingy is going to be abloshed soon anyway, there isn't too much point in it. (I'm in a nice positive mood today)

You've got plenty anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    You are welcome to it. Since the whole rep thingy is going to be abloshed soon anyway, there isn't too much point in it. (I'm in a nice positive mood today)

You've got plenty anyway
    Some, but blissy has more and she hasn't been here as long. But then, if I really cared, I'd give out more in the hope of getting some back!

ReputationRep:
    Some, but blissy has more and she hasn't been here as long. But then, if I really cared, I'd give out more in the hope of getting some back!
    I try to be helpful (emailing people and stuff) and I'm glad people appreciate it. <has been very helpful today>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I try to be helpful (emailing people and stuff) and I'm glad people appreciate it. <has been very helpful today>
    *Jealous* You've never been helpful to me!

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you are just nicer than me. I help most of the people who I feel it is relevant for me to reply to Today I have been nasty.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you are just nicer than me. I help most of the people who I feel it is relevant for me to reply to Today I have been nasty.
    LOL. I send people big long emails... I feel a bit like a counsellor sometimes. Today I bought the accommodation ladies a big bunch of (very expensive) flowers to say thank you for getting me the very room I wanted next year. I was being all good and kind all day and then I had a massive panic attack in Sainsburys and had to go out with all my heavy shopping and try and find a seat (closest was the round church) and I was sat for about 1/2 an hour staring into space and hyperventialting/heart thumping ridiculously. See, see what I get for being nice. Humph.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I send people big long emails... I feel a bit like a counsellor sometimes. Today I bought the accommodation ladies a big bunch of (very expensive) flowers to say thank you for getting me the very room I wanted next year. I was being all good and kind all day and then I had a massive panic attack in Sainsburys and had to go out with all my heavy shopping and try and find a seat (closest was the round church) and I was sat for about 1/2 an hour staring into space and hyperventialting/heart thumping ridiculously. See, see what I get for being nice. Humph.
    Awww, poor blissy, are you ok now? What was that all about?

At least you're still in Cambridge, I had to leave on Saturday and am already sick of home. Dunno why, mostly because I miss everyone.

I do most of my counselling over MSN, and not with people from these forums. Guess I missed out on the opportunity for that here. Am a bit of a matchmaker too...I'm v. pleased because two of my friends have got together after being introduced by me!

ReputationRep:
    I was very brave. <sniffles>

I am fed up with being in Cambridge and trying to revise, but unsuccessfully. Take me home!!

ReputationRep:
    I was very brave. <sniffles>

I am fed up with being in Cambridge and trying to revise, but unsuccessfully. Take me home!!
    And no gallant gentlemen around to help you? Rubbish men :mad: I'd have helped if I were there :rolleyes:

Yes, I suppose I would be just as fed up with Cambridge if I were still there. However, much as I love my family, they are winding me up today.

ReputationRep:
    And no gallant gentlemen around to help you? Rubbish men :mad: I'd have helped if I were there :rolleyes:

Yes, I suppose I would be just as fed up with Cambridge if I were still there. However, much as I love my family, they are winding me up today.

Look at you two. Complete and utter do gooders! Nice to see there are still people like that anyway

Helen, rubbish, I love going home, everything is free and my mum spends a fortune at Tesco on junk food for me

ReputationRep:
    Look at you two. Complete and utter do gooders! Nice to see there are still people like that anyway

Helen, rubbish, I love going home, everything is free and my mum spends a fortune at Tesco on junk food for me
    I'm so not a do-gooder! I just like helping people. Found someone who'd been hit by a bike one night in the middle of term, as I was walking home from Cindies (on my own :mad: but that's another story). She was sat in the middle of the road, nose bleeding everywhere, but her friends were adamant that they didn't need any help (I'm a first aider), and they were all a bit drunk and there were lots of them, so I didn't press the point.

Yeah, the free stuff is nice. I'm just feeling claustrophobic, and everyone is miles away from here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so not a do-gooder! I just like helping people. Found someone who'd been hit by a bike one night in the middle of term, as I was walking home from Cindies (on my own :mad: but that's another story). She was sat in the middle of the road, nose bleeding everywhere, but her friends were adamant that they didn't need any help (I'm a first aider), and they were all a bit drunk and there were lots of them, so I didn't press the point.

Yeah, the free stuff is nice. I'm just feeling claustrophobic, and everyone is miles away from here.

lol. Serious you are a do gooder. Its not a bad thing, its ver amiable I assure you

Do you live on a farm? I live almost the middle of nowhere, its on the verge, you have to walk 2 miles to get a paper on one side, the other is a vast wilderness called the Pennie Moors, which are actually beautiful, but I wouldnt recomend getting lost when foogy there lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol. Serious you are a do gooder. Its not a bad thing, its ver amiable I assure you

Do you live on a farm? I live almost the middle of nowhere, its on the verge, you have to walk 2 miles to get a paper on one side, the other is a vast wilderness called the Pennie Moors, which are actually beautiful, but I wouldnt recomend getting lost when foogy there lol.
    No, I don't, I live in a small town (which my London friends have called a village, but I corrected them ). But as I went to boarding school, most of my friends from school are spread out all over the country, and most of my uni friends are not from near here either. I have a few friends around, but generally it gets a bit boring and lonely - nearly went mad here in my gap year!

I guess being a do-gooder isn't that bad a thing. It's just that I'm not all the time; I'm very selfish on occasion, which is bad Also it seems synonymous with the goody-two-shoes image I was so desperate to shake off after school (managed to get rid of some of it in the last 2 years, but still it stuck)

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't, I live in a small town (which my London friends have called a village, but I corrected them ). But as I went to boarding school, most of my friends from school are spread out all over the country, and most of my uni friends are not from near here either. I have a few friends around, but generally it gets a bit boring and lonely - nearly went mad here in my gap year!

I guess being a do-gooder isn't that bad a thing. It's just that I'm not all the time; I'm very selfish on occasion, which is bad Also it seems synonymous with the goody-two-shoes image I was so desperate to shake off after school (managed to get rid of some of it in the last 2 years, but still it stuck)

I know what you mean a bit, but most of my friends are concentrated around Clit Heroe. The rest are from down south and hardly see them when I'm home.

Lol selfish What does that mean, you bought a tub of ice cream for yourself once You only seem to do good!

My sister has the 'goody two shoes' image. SHe is a right little cow though, *****ing behind her friends backs, she told me she smoked weed last time I was home etc. If my parents found out they would freak :eek: Now, with me, they just expect pretty much drunken behaviour or naughtiness all the time so I rarely get done anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Lol selfish What does that mean, you bought a tub of ice cream for yourself once You only seem to do good!
    The way I think about stuff is very selfish sometimes. I have almost anything I could want; I'm in a position thousands of people would kill to be in, and yet I'm still not happy with it and still find stuff to complain about. That's selfish.

My sister has the 'goody two shoes' image. SHe is a right little cow though, *****ing behind her friends backs, she told me she smoked weed last time I was home etc. If my parents found out they would freak :eek: Now, with me, they just expect pretty much drunken behaviour or naughtiness all the time so I rarely get done anymore
    Lol, how old is your sister? Mine is 15 and I'm sure she's worse than I was at that age, yet she gets to do everything I wasn't allowed to. My parents are perfectly fine with what I do now though - they figure that they have no idea what I'm doing while I'm at uni, so what's the point restricting me while I'm at home? Not that I want to do that much completely outrageous stuff anyway. As far as they are concerned though, I have stuck to my 3 month drinking ban

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.