Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Not sure what to think about this ... Watch

I got dumped in January by my boyfriend of two and a bit months, and things have been a bit awkward since, especially since he never really explained why we broke up. I did have my suspicions as to why, seeing as the last time we were together he wanted me to give him a hand job, and I didn't want to, then the next time I saw him we were breaking up ...
    I basically got over him, but on a night out, I got talking to a mutual friend, who's gay, and he said that once my ex had asked him out and he'd stayed the night with him, then got dumped in the morning and told it was an 'experiment'. I guess for a start this made me annoyed with him for being such an *******, but then my friend also said that he'd heard the reason I got dumped was because my ex wasn't getting any sex ...
    So yeah, I really don't know what to make of it, my first thought is to feel a bit used, cause now every memory is tainted with him being this overly sex driven creepy guy... I guess its a bit of an over exaggeration but that's honestly how I feel.
    Given that he never actually asked, and I probably would've slept with him at some point in the future, am I justified in being hurt by this ? :/

ReputationRep:
    You have every right to be upset, he sounds like a jerk. Find someone more mature who will be patient with you, and who's worth it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you made a lucky escape, doesnt sound like he would have deserved to sample what you have to offer.

ReputationRep:
    If you were going out for over two months but didn't have any sex, that will have influenced his decision to dump you. Sexual attraction is important in a relationship and if the possibility of sex isn't clear, it can damage sexual attraction for either person.

Then again, it doesn't sound like he was that great so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.