http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_269520_en.pdf

ReputationRep:
    TempShip = iter.next();
    if(this.getValue() ==

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmad95)
    TempShip = iter.next();
    if(this.getValue() ==
    I take it you were copypastaing that in your code to elsewhere otherwise you're missing a bit

ReputationRep:
    http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=V48...w&p=n#/643;731
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bubblews.com/assets/image...1351366786.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    You're trying to open a Java class file in notepad... You can't translate it.
    The Java Class bit is correct, the rest is not.

ReputationRep:
    1. So obviously, we don't have much time until this dreaded group speaking task but none of us need to panic. I'm definitely not the best of welsh, but considering that most of the questions are written in the same way, this framework can be applied to any topic we are dealt with.

3 Paragraphs
      (This is the one where we address what the little people in the right think of the topic)

1st Paragraph

C asks question
      G extracts point, then agree/disagree & why
      B agree/disagree and why

2nd Paragraph

B extracts point (answering q)
      Asks G question
      G answers question
      C agree/disagree with G & does 'In my opinion...'

3rd paragraph

C extracts point and explains
      Asks if B+G agree
      B&G answer (using text is possible)
      Explain why

Opinions
      (The part where we can say what we think of the topic)

C expresses opinion on subject (with reasons + opinions)
      G agree/disagree and adds own opinion
      B agree/disagree and adds own opinion
      Extend to short discussion (to add some length. we've got to do 10/15 minutes)

Extension Question
      (The part where we have to discuss something similar to the topic. So if we were talking about under-age drinking, they could ask what we think of drugs and alcohol)

C expresses opinion on subject (with reasons + opinions)
      G agree/disagree and adds own opinion
      B agree/disagree and adds own opinion
      Extend to short discussion

(You don't need to be a genius to realise that for this, we just follow the same structure as the last paragraph. There's no need to change structure because we are only doing opinion on a topic)

Conclusion

C/B asks concluding question (Grr... was going to get it from my folder but my folder is in ysgol)
      G sums up general opinion
      C/B juxtaposes to make balanced argument
      'Hwyl Fawr'

Little Note

Don't panic guys (slightly hypocritical) but yeah. We are well prepared for this, and with a little key word revision and the use of our own human welsh dictionary (Bronwyn), we'll do great! If any of you want to change any of this so it works better for you, just say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m-s-96)
    The Java Class bit is correct, the rest is not.
    So what compiler is it?

ReputationRep:
    \succ A \succ B \succ C

> Copypasta from my disso written in LaTeX, as it's SO annoying having to type \succ out three or four times every few minutes.
    > It also bugs me that only 5% of lurkers have actually dumped something. Did they not read the rules ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Schering Chemicals Ltd v Falkman Ltd [1982]
    Example case where information was held to be confidential, even though the info could have been obtained from public sources
    Reminding/recycling of public of facts which may be detrimental = it is confidential and therefore breach

Facts: The claimant made and sold a drug ‘primodos’ as a pregnancy test. Subsequently it was suspected that the drug was responsible for causing abnormalities in unborn children and unsurprisingly attracted a lot of media attention.

The claimant hired the first defendants to provide training sessions to their exectives in dealing with the bad publicity. Obviously, to do this, the defendents had access to private information. One of the instrucors, the second defendant, cam up with an idea to make a documentary on Primodos, which the claimant rejected.

Nevertheless, the second defendat went ahead and made the documentary. The claimant sought an injuction to prevent the broadcasting of the documentary. An injunction was granted.

Held: the defendants appealed against the claimant in the injunction arguing that the information was not independent, since the information was already obtainable by the public.

CoA rejected the appeal against the injunction, holding that the information was still confidential, even though the public could obtain the information from public sources.

Shaw LJ:

…’In any case, even though facts may be widely known to the public, they are not ever present in the minds of the public. To extend or remind/revive the public again of the information which could be detrimental to the company is not to be condoned. ‘

Templeman J:

The defendant should be liable because he was asked to help them avoid bad publicity, but instead made a documentary which had the opposite effect of this, to the detriment of the company and rather for his own gain.

Also, any recitation and recycling of public information (reminding) is likely to cause further damage to the company. Regardless, and without the consent of the company, the defendant released the documentary and should thus be held liable for breach of confidence.

Note however, Lord Denning dissented, he said that the information was not confidential cos it was in the public domain and in the public interest to remind people of the information.

Recycling public information which may cause detriment = Still confidential

lol, my note taking
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Buying S. Frontier Justice!

yay tf2

ReputationRep:
    So what compiler is it?
    I can't tell you that, you must guess it in order to win the prize.

ReputationRep:
    I can't tell you that, you must guess it in order to win the prize.
    Exactly. you don't know any of the compiling methods nor any of the encoding.If you don't know to start with, you cant work them out. Refer to what I said, that's impossible. Wouldn't waste your time on it.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. you don't know any of the compiling methods nor any of the encoding.If you don't know to start with, you cant work them out. Refer to what I said, that's impossible. Wouldn't waste your time on it.
    Or to be specific 'If you don't know to start with, you cant work them out.' Valid point but if I told then you wouldn't win the prize.

ReputationRep:
    Or to be specific 'If you don't know to start with, you cant work them out.' Valid point but if I told then you wouldn't win the prize.
    You don't know it anyway so you can't tell them. Your just trying to get someone to decode it for you.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know it anyway so you can't tell them. Your just trying to get someone to decode it for you.
    I do know; if I didn't then I would simply just say 'I don't know what this is. Can you decode it for me?' I would just post it on a dump, I would make my own thread. How about this, you guess what program I used, you win the prize.

ReputationRep:
    I do know; if I didn't then I would simply just say 'I don't know what this is. Can you decode it for me?' I would just post it on a dump, I would make my own thread. How about this, you guess what program I used, you win the prize.
    You didn't use a program or you would have the source code yourself instead of a class. Drop it.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.