The Student Room Group

Cheating and breakup help

So ive been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now, right now im 16 which is still pretty young to have a serious relationship and i dont want to be tied down, i havent been happy with him for months now and we keep trying to fix it but nothing works. I dont want to be hurting him because hes amazing person and i honestly believe he is the one for me because our talks used to last for hours, he made me laugh till i couldnt breathe and now its all changed and i think we've been holding on to it thinking it will all go back to how it was, i know it wont though. thing is with my boyfriend, he isnt going anywhere in life, just sits on xbox whereas i go to college and i work, he has no dreams and its so unattractive. we never go out anywhere together anymore.
ive met someone at college and he is going somewhere, he has dreams and wants to be a journalist, he takes me out and has hobbies, i feel so guilty but i cheated on my boyfriend the other day and we kissed :frown:
i can not leave my boyfriend at this time because his mother is dying of cancer and needs me by his side, however i cant stand it any longer, does it make me a bad person ?
i need some advice on what i should do
Original post by Anonymous
So ive been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now, right now im 16 which is still pretty young to have a serious relationship and i dont want to be tied down, i havent been happy with him for months now and we keep trying to fix it but nothing works. I dont want to be hurting him because hes amazing person and i honestly believe he is the one for me because our talks used to last for hours, he made me laugh till i couldnt breathe and now its all changed and i think we've been holding on to it thinking it will all go back to how it was, i know it wont though. thing is with my boyfriend, he isnt going anywhere in life, just sits on xbox whereas i go to college and i work, he has no dreams and its so unattractive. we never go out anywhere together anymore.
ive met someone at college and he is going somewhere, he has dreams and wants to be a journalist, he takes me out and has hobbies, i feel so guilty but i cheated on my boyfriend the other day and we kissed :frown:
i can not leave my boyfriend at this time because his mother is dying of cancer and needs me by his side, however i cant stand it any longer, does it make me a bad person ?
i need some advice on what i should do

If you are not happy which is what it seems, there is no point staying with someone if you think this way about your boyfriend, have you even talked to your boyfriend about him sitting around on x-box all the time?. Clearly you like the other guy more

Quick Reply

Latest