Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Who Do You Contact If You've Discovered Something Otherworldly? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, who do you contact (in the form of the authorities) if you've discovered something otherworldly?

So, for example, say I've randomly stumbled upon a large wormhole-like portal in a massive abandoned field with the nearest village being miles away?

Who do I contact? The police?

ReputationRep:
    ghostbusters?

ReputationRep:
    No, you contact the met office.

ReputationRep:
    take it home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    So, who do you contact (in the form of the authorities) if you've discovered something otherworldly?

So, for example, say I've randomly stumbled upon a large wormhole-like portal in a massive abandoned field with the nearest village being miles away?

Your doctor, because you're obviously off your medication again.

ReputationRep:
    You don't contact anybody. They contact you. *eerie music*

Seriously tho I'd put it on Youtube 'n send it to the BBC etc., in a few hours the whole world would know and then Colonel Jack O'Neill can come lock that **** down and start adventuring.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Contact a relevant government agency, the police and maybe the news if it would not cause any harm for people to know.

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    You make a post about it on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I thought about it the other day... CNN iReport. If the footage is amazing enough, they would probably put it on air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cringe)
    No, you contact the met office.
    (Original post by Historicity)
    Contact a relevant government agency, the police and maybe the news if it would not cause any harm for people to know.
    Yeah, this makes sense. But I do wonder whether the government has branches of government/law and order that deals with these kind of things - better safe than sorry, right?

ReputationRep:
    jump in #yolo

ReputationRep:
    them, contact them

ReputationRep:
    Talk to frank

ReputationRep:
    The Men In Black

ReputationRep:
    'wormhole-like portal in a massive abandoned field with the nearest village'

I would stick my head in it and yell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callumhamby)
    jump in #yolo
    That is a possibility. But I am concerned with when I return/before I jump in.

(Original post by ForgetMe)
    'wormhole-like portal in a massive abandoned field with the nearest village'

I would stick my head in it and yell.
    It's actually fairly large - roughly 12 feet by 12 feet in diameter.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this makes sense. But I do wonder whether the government has branches of government/law and order that deals with these kind of things - better safe than sorry, right?
    Usually, the people that handle the anti-terrorism tip lines have a script for taking information from calls like this (e.g. reports on alien sightings). If you call them, they will take down all relevant information and pass it on to someone who can determine if any action needs to be taken to investigate. They get calls like this quite frequently.

ReputationRep:

Me. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That is a possibility. But I am concerned with when I return/before I jump in.

It's actually fairly large - roughly 12 feet by 12 feet in diameter.
    My action is not going to change.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.