Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Australia for 4 Months - is it worth it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Nearly finished up with my first year of uni and planning on taking a summer out most likely the 2014 summer to visit/work in Australia.

Settling down in Australia has been a core part of my '10 year plan' for a very long time so I feel that I definitely owe myself at least a few months out there to experience it beforehand.

I know that only 1 work experience visa is issued per lifetime and ideally I would do the full duration but with Uni this isn't possible. I also don't see myself having time after graduating as like I've mentioned I want to get on with things job wise asap to be able to proceed with my plan to emigrate.

Anyone have any input or suggestions for my situation? Much love.

ReputationRep:
    i probably wouldn't bother using a working holiday visa for that but if you can afford it you could just holiday there for the few months

ReputationRep:
    I went there twice in the space of a year, with the same Working Holiday Visa. You can only get a WHV if you are under 30 so if you would go to Australia after uni for a year, then I'd recommend doing that. If not, then I'd say go for it. The second time I went, I stayed for 4 months, worked for 2 of them and traveled round for the other 2. While it was a bit of a rush to squeeze everything in, I went round the majority of the country and visited all the main places. You can also get a normal holiday visa if you don't intend to work whilst you are there but I don't know if that only allows you to stay for X amount of days.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.