Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Been given a conditional offer for Glasgow Uni's nursing course. However, I have an unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian's nursing studies course. Now I can't decide which to choose!

I visited Cali and really liked their facilities and their staff and generally got a good vibe about the place.

Glasgow is my old uni, I already have a degree from there, but didn't get to see the facilities and only spoke to one lady (she was lovely) at my interview. I'd also have to do their Summer School to brush up on Chemistry and Biology.

I don't know which to pick! Opinions or advice would be great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey one of my friends done her nursing degree at Glasgow and she loved it. Its a smaller class so you get to know the lecturers, you share the same clinical skills lab as the medics however Cali to placements and I think they give preference to their own students. Every nurse that I know hwo went to Cali also loved it.

Maybe contact Glasgow again and ask for an informal visit?

ReputationRep:
    I am literally in the exact same position as you! I have an unconditional for Cali, then a conditional for Glasgow (summer school for chem and bio as well!) and I have absolutely nooooo clue what to go for.

I went to the Cali open day and that was fantastic, everyone was really friendly and it had a lovely atmosphere. But then I also haven't had the chance to see any of Glasgow at all...but then I like the idea of going to Glasgow but don't really want to spend 6 weeks in summer school :/ i'm totally stuck for choice! ahhh

Have you tried asking to be shown about for Glasgow uni? (they sent an email a few days about for those that missed the open day) I think I'm going to try that

ReputationRep:
    Did you miss the applicant day? It was on Tuesday. I've picked Glasgow in the end. Talking to the students there swung it for me. You can't see where there clinical skills area is as the medics use it, but im assuming because of that they'll be amazing quality as they are world renouned for medicine. In the end I chose there too as 100% of their graduates have jobs and as there are only 40 students I think it'll be nice to get to know people etc...they were also no.1 for student satisfaction and no.2 for nursing in the uk in the guardian and the times uni lists. Until I went on Tuesday I was completely convinced I was going to Cali so I've done a huge U turn! Hope you come to a decision soon!

ReputationRep:
    (totally late reply sorry oops!)
    Yeh I missed the open day sadly since I was working and couldn't get the time off, but I ended up giving Glasgow Uni a phone and just having a wee talk with them about the course in depth and the same with the organizer for the summer school (which after talking about it didn't sound as scary as I first thought!)

So, after all that I went with Glasgow in the end! Here's hoping summer school goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the lady from the summer school was lovely-really put my mind at ease. Actually looking forward to it a bit now!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.